Where Anyone is Possible
Hi, I'm Stacy. I was in a relationship with Dr. Gregory House, when he suffered an infarction in his right leg during a game of golf. This was caused by a clotted aneurysm in his thigh, which had led to an infarction that caused his quadriceps muscle to become necrotic. Regarding House's treatment, I acted against House's wishes when he was put into a chemically induced coma. I authorized a safer surgical middle-ground procedure by removing just the dead muscle, leaving House with a lesser, but serious, level of pain for the rest of his life. House could not forgive me and we broke up.
I wanted House to treat my husband, Mark. House correctly diagnosed Mark with acute intermittent porphyria, and so he had to remain at PPTH for close monitoring. I became the hospital's lawyer, and House and I grew closer together.
- She's not like you. She can't just walk into a bar and pick up her soul mate in twenty minutes.
- I met Mark at a fundraiser that happened to be held at a --
- You met me at a strip club.
- You were the worst two dollars I ever spent.
What’s so great about you is you always think you’re right. What’s so frustrating about you is you are right so much of the time. You are brilliant, funny, surprising, sexy. But with you I was lonely. And with Mark there’s room for me.
Our relationship’s like an addition. It’s like vindaloo curry. You’re abrasive and annoying and come on way too strong, like… vindaloo curry. When you’re crazy about curry, that’s fine, but, no matter how much you love curry, you have too much of it, it takes the roof of your mouth off. And then you never want to see curry for a really, really long time, but you wake up one day, and you think… God, I really miss curry.
2x10. Failure to communicate.
You browbeat patients, intimidate them, lie to them. If you think you’re right, you don’t give a damn what they think. I did what you do all the time… the only difference is I did it to you.
- You spent all these months chasing me, I’m here and you start running; what the hell changed?
- Nothing. Nothing changes. And I’m not going to change.
- Who asked you to?
- Mark’s willing to do whatever it takes. I’m not. Never was.
- …Now you’re introspective? Weren’t so analytical the other night.
- You were happy with Mark. You’ll be happy again.
- Shut up! What the hell’s wrong with you?
- I can’t make you happy!
- How do you think this is gonna end? We’ll be happy for what? A few weeks, few months… And they I’ll say something insensitive, or start ignoring you. And at first it’ll be okay: it’s just House being House. And then at some point, you will need something more. You’ll need someone who can give you something I can’t. You know I’m right, I’ve been there before.
- Oh… It doesn’t have to be.
- It does… It does. I don’t want to go there again. I’m sorry, Stacy…
2x11. Need to Know.
- He’s pushing me out of his life.
- Maybe you’re misinterpreting.
- Did I misinterpret with you? At least this time, I recognize it. That’s the benefit of convincing the only two men you’ve ever loved, they’re better off without you.
2x10. Failure to Communicate