– Hawkins and the rest of the squad had been scouring the streets for a good couple of days. Taking a small moment for the men to gather themselves, Hawkins had been reading the paper, when he spied a request to
– The Bugle sounded “Taps”, as the sharply dressed detail of 6 Army Rangers folded the American Flag. Silently the family set beside the graveside, the wife weeping, sobbing echoed through the cemetery. From a
– Hawkins set on the edge of the ships mid deck, launcher bay. Looking up at the ships advanced radar dish, constantly swiveling, rotating , always and ever alert. Turning his head as he heard a familiar song
https://youtu.be/amwPYZsj9fQ – Hawkins walked back and forth, basically pacing in the middle of a fire fight. 12July2006..Al-jahalad, Iraq..The Tip of the Spear for the offensive. Almost a year after he had
The music continued on, as the Team talked about their last offensive. It was the After Action Review, known to them as the ” AAR “. It was where the de-brief happened, and most of the time, it was real short.
– The big man, LittleSun raised his head. The night vision monacular sitting over his right eye, attached to the MICH helmet, making him look like some kinda sci fi cyborg. Sending a hand signal behind him, he
– Hawkins set in the waiting room chair, constantly changing the angle at which he set. Across from him, a woman and a small boy, probably not much older than 4 or 5, set and talked about what was coming up.
In a conference room, half filled with upper members of the brass for the Regiment and Battalions, they all stood, in rows of three, towards the back end of the room. Shoulder to shoulder, they looked to the 5
Twas the night before Christmas, he lived all alone,In a one bedroom house made of plaster & stone.I had come down the chimney with presents to giveAnd to see just who in this home did live.I looked all about a
CLICK……The sound resonated within his ears, as his eyes opened. It was over, the wallowing..the self pity. He attempted his one chance..his one opportunity..To be selfish and escape, to leave behind the