Alastor The Radio Demon/ The Radio Demon /Al/Smiles /Strawberry Pimp
- Intro Video
- My Story Is...
Alastor’s behavior, mannerisms, and even his voice are similar to an old-fashioned radio announcer; for instance, when he refers to modern television as a “picture show” and refers to Charlie as “charming demon belle”. Alastor deviates from the crass nature prominent in Hell in favor of an amiable persona. Thus, he is always smiling and acts politely. He never stops smiling because he believes it shows power and dominance. If a rival were to frown, he would see them as weak.
He is narcissistic, not seeing many people quite up to his level. However, that does not make him reckless. Despite being extremely powerful, Alastor is fully aware that there are other demons and entities that rival him in terms of power, such as the Overlords. For this reason, he is wary around such demons, as they could potentially harm him if he is not careful.
Alastor also seems to have a moral compass against the sexual and begraddled society of Hell, which is actually “not normal”. However, he has been noted to be quite sadistic and to have masochistic tendencies, rumored to be cannibalistic and devouring lesser demons. Despite this, he genuinely wants to help Charlie run the Happy Hotel, albeit for his own amusement rather than idealism. Alastor even dismisses the idea that redemption is possible. Nevertheless, he still provides the hotel a staff, and protects Charlie’s business from outside threats.
- My Appearance
Alastor is about the same height as Vox, with the two of them standing at 7″. He is quite slim, morbid has grey skin, and sharp yellow teeth. He sports a short red angled bob cut with black cowlicks extending from the top of his head, resembling deer ears, and two small black antlers which can grow in his demonic form.
His eyes, have red scleras, bright red irises, black pupils (which can change into radio dials when in his demon form), and wears a black oval-shaped monocle over his right eye.
Alastor wears a dark red pinstriped coat which is slightly ragged along the bottom, a bright red dress shirt with a black cross on the chest underneath and long burgundy dress pants with matching bright red cuffs.
He is also dressed in a red-knotted bowtie, burgundy gloves, and black pointed-toe boots with red deer hoofprints emblazoned on the soles. Alastor also carries a thin cane with a sentient vintage style microphone attached to it which he uses to play sound effects and broadcast his voice.
- Demon Transformation: Alastor shares a common trait that every other Demon has, which is the ability to turn into his Full Demon form and back to his default form with ease.
- Bilingualism: Alastor can speak English fluently as well as broken Creole French.
- Cooking: Alastor hints at his ability to create amazing meals at the end of the pilot after mentioning having admired his mother’s cooking, specifically her Jambalaya.
- Musical, Dancing, and Theatrical Talent: Alastor is shown to display moderate vocal abilities and excels at dancing (tap, ballet, ballroom) as shown in his reprise in the pilot. He also shows a flair for theatrical showmanship.
- Broadcasting: Even before he died, Alastor excelled at broadcasting what he wants the public to hear over the radio, and he continues to do so in Hell, earning him the title of “The Radio Demon”.
- Flexibility: Alastor can position his body into numerous unnatural poses and such without hurting his joints. He has also shown to be able to turn his head 180°.
- Wide Intellect: Alastor is shown to be quite the cunning individual, which resulted to him becoming one of the most powerful Overlords in Hell through his tricks and deal-making. He always strategizes and thinks ahead before proceeding to execute a plan.
- Shadow Manipulation: Alastor is able to summon shadows and manipulate them into doing his bidding.
- Eldritch Control: Alastor has shown instances of possessing powers that make red glowing symbols float around him.
- Spatial Warping: Alastor is able to get around with the help of his shadow. This was first shown when he teleports behind Charlie and Vaggie after entering the hotel for the first time.
- Portal Creation: Alastor can get around easily as well as transport others easily via the portals he makes. This is shown when he pulls Niffty out of a fireplace he summons.
- Voodoo Magic: Alastor clenches his fist until droplets of blood can be seen as a means to defeat Sir Pentious.
- Pyrokinesis: Alastor summons a ball of fire to distract Charlie as he shoves Vaggie away before starting his reprise.
- Manifestation: Alastor creates a new fireplace for the hotel, which he summons Niffty out of and makes cheap booze appear out of nowhere for Husk.
- Photokinesis: During his introduction, he is shown to be able to project red glowing light from his eyes as well as his microphone.
- Outfit Alteration: Alastor is capable of changing the outfits of his targets as well as his own with a snap of a finger without having to do it manually.
- My Secrets Are...
DATE OF DEATH
CAUSE OF DEATH
SmilingInvading people’s personal spaceHis mother and her cookingThe Picture ShowLiquorCookingPeople failingElectro SwingDark CoffeePost-Modern JukeboxAnything bitterTheaterSingingDad jokesThe Stock Market Crash of 1929
Being touchedDogsFrowningTeaAnything sweetAngel’s sexual remarksPost-30s Technology
Human (formerly)Deer Demon
Eldritch PowersRadio BroadcastingShadow ManipulationSpatial WarpingCookingSingingBilingualism
Serial Killer (Formerly)OverlordRadio Host
- I Believe...
In That the show must go on! THAT'S ALL FOLKS!! HAHAHAHA!