The Arena

Daloki Vrs. Ragnor

This topic has 15 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 10 months ago by Joseph Gambit.

• Author
       Joseph Gambit
      Keymaster

Posted by Joseph Gambit on July 26, 2009 at 5:19pm in The Arena

A circular arena, about 40 feet wide stands at the center of great towering rows of stands. People line the stands, screaming, waiting for the violence below to begin.

The arena floor is sand packed hard. The walls of the arena rise up about 20 feet before the first row of seats. A wide variety of hand held melee weapons line the walls, hanging from hooks. In the center of the arena is a large boulder of pure stone.

A man dressed in black stands atop the boulder looking out over the crowd. Suddenly two doors in the wall open up on opposite sides of the arena. At one stands Ragnor, Barbarian of the Mahnenga tribe. At the other stands Daloki Mauvais.

The dark man cries out in a loud voice

“Contestants, these are the rules of the fight. I shall determine who shall go first by coin toss. Contestants will take turns attacking and defending. All outcomes will be determined by me.”

“Each fighter will have 3 hit points. A successful hit by your opponent will result in the loss of 1 point. When you are down to 0 points, you have lost the match”

“No battles today will be fatal. These are only for fame and glory. I wish you all good luck. ”

“Contestants, step forward and announce who you are and what your skills are”

Joseph Gambit
      Keymaster

Reply by D’loki on July 26, 2009 at 5:34pm

I am Daloki Mauvais. You can see I my only armor is a padded jacket. If I needed more armor, I’d wear more.

Skills huh? Knives … I’m good with knives. I’m fast and agile. I can kick pretty hard. And I’ve got some mind power, but I don’t like to use it. Wouldn’t have mentioned it except you said I have to be up front about skills.

Joseph Gambit
      Keymaster

Reply by Ragnor the Barbarian on July 26, 2009 at 5:39pm

I am Ragnor the barbarian war lord of the Michenga tribes circa 10000 BC I am higly skilled with sword, spear, and sling shot, My father is the shaman of our tribe, and so I also have the ability to hurl fire balls,

i am wearing armor made from dragon scales. I have successffully fought and defeated the great red dragon, but I did not slay her,, so she is now my friend and protector

My people are descendant from star people who crashed in North country . they mated with my tribe, and built a store circle, we call it stonehenge, and i draw great magical powers from this magic circle.
      I can change what you see when you look at me, i can appear to be a mouse or even a great sabre tooth. the skill and cunning of animals becomes part of my strength.

I can make my body glow with such briteness that you are temporarily blinded.

Joseph Gambit
      Keymaster

Reply by Ragnor the Barbarian on July 26, 2009 at 5:51pm

I come out and grab a spear i roar my war cry and rush towards you I spread out a small ring of flames from my hands flinging them towards you for cover and thrust my spear towards your left side, then slash at you with the sword in my right hand

Joseph Gambit
      Keymaster

Reply by D’loki on July 26, 2009 at 6:03pm

I somersault under the flames, so that the spear thrust passes over my body, then roll to Ragnor’s left, evading the sword slash. I jump to my feet as twin knives appear in my hands from wrist sheathes. I fire both knives, one at Ragnor’s left hand, the other at his right, then move behind Ragnor, about 15 feet away from his back.

Joseph Gambit
      Keymaster

Reply by Joseph Gambit on July 26, 2009 at 6:10pm

As Ragnor rushes at Daloki a spray of fire leaps into the air heading straight for her. However she is able to leap doing a flying sommersault under the falmes. As she comes back to her feet Ragnor spins on his heals thrusting with the sword in his right hand and slashing through the tender flesh of Daloki’s arm. However she is still able to fire off one of her knives, which embeds itself into the thigh of his leg.

ONE POINT TAKEN FROM RAGNOR, ONE POINT TAKEN FROM DALOKI

Joseph Gambit
      Keymaster

Reply by D’loki on July 26, 2009 at 6:19pm

Damn! My favorite jacket!

–the jacket is red, but the blood is darker and can be seen spreading. Daloki shakes her short dark hair back from her face. Ragnor has turned to face her by now. She suddenly turns, races to the top of the boulder, and springs into the air, kicking Ragnor in the side of the head before landing lightly some distance away and spinning to face him. Ragnor bleeds: the toe of her boot is razored.–

Joseph Gambit
      Keymaster

Reply by Ragnor the Barbarian on July 26, 2009 at 6:29pm

The blood is a nice fashion statement splattered on your red jacket

the brunt of the kick was deflected by my helmet of dragon scale,
      Rolling to my right, I throw water on the ring of fire that i had thrown, the flames turned to thick vapor mist, hideing my movements.

Rolling back the other direction, I leap to my feet, do a double vault to my right, using the rock ad a launch , I flip through the mist, use my sword to slash her right hamstring, and roll off to the right, she is lame in one leg

Joseph Gambit
      Keymaster

Reply by Joseph Gambit on July 26, 2009 at 6:36pm

Daloki leaps to the top of a boulder and then from there vaults at the barbarian, slamming her razored foot into his dragon bone helm, and then landing some distance away, spinning to face him. The barbarian, a little dazed but unharmed, in the meantime casts water at the fire ring which is still lingering in the corner of the arena. A copious amount of steam rises into the air. Ragnor dissapears into this steam, stalking Daloki, who has also dissapeared into the dark cloud of smoke. the two stalk around one another intul the haze begins to lift.

NO POINTS. THE COUNT IS STILL 2-2 RAGNOR’S ATTACK!

Joseph Gambit
      Keymaster

Reply by Ragnor the Barbarian on July 26, 2009 at 6:50pm

I see the outline of her body in the dissipating mist and throw the spear, clipping her rib cage and releasing a new spurt of blood.

Using the magic of my shaman father, I change what i look like, becoming a small ferret in her eyes., I am able to move around the bolder came up behind her and threw my cape over her head, then wrapped my rope around her waist secureing the cape and rendering her blind and helpless

Joseph Gambit
      Keymaster

Reply by D’loki on July 26, 2009 at 7:04pm

–sees Ragnor when he sees her and easily dodges the thrown spear. When the ferret appears, she leaps to the top of the boulder again and fires a stiletto ahead of the animal, taking into account its speed and direction, so that the ferret runs right into the blade and is wounded deeply in the shoulder. Springs down from the boulder but is caught a moment later from behind by the cloak. Spins within the cloak and jams a short-bladed knife right up under Ragnor’s chin, just where there is no armor, then spins again, using a longer, razor-sharp knife to cut through both cloak and rope. Darts away some distance, breathing hard, and waits for the judge–

Joseph Gambit
      Keymaster

Reply by Joseph Gambit on July 26, 2009 at 7:12pm

Ragnor throws a spear through the swiftly dissipating mist but its still difficult to see and it goes sliding off the arena wall. Then the giant Barbarian melts down, taking on the appearance of a ferret. When Daloki sees this she leaps atop the boulder and fires her knife at the animal. However the Barbarian hasnt changed into a ferret he only looks like one, so the knife goes skidding off of his foot, cutting a thin line of blood into his toe.

Ragnor moves forward appearing behind Daloki and throwing his cloak over her head. She spins her arms raising a knife towards him, but before she can get it all the way up the barbarian has secured a roipe around her waiste, tying the cloak down over her and immobilizing her.

NO POINTS. THE COUNT IS STILL 2-2 DALOKI’S ATTACK

Joseph Gambit
      Keymaster

Reply by D’loki on July 26, 2009 at 7:25pm

–because her right arm was raised when the jerk of the rope pulled her hand down, it is still free. Again she slams the knife up under Ragnor’s chin, and bright blood spurts all over her face – she has hit an artery, which will weaken him a great deal. Ragnor lets go of the cloak and reels back. Daloki uses those moments to cut through the upper portion of the cloak. Because the rope is still around her waist, the cut-apart upper portion of the cloak falls around her like a skirt. Before Ragnor can recover, she also slices a strip away from the cloak and ties it around her bleeding left arm using her right hand and teeth–

Joseph Gambit
      Keymaster

Reply by Ragnor the Barbarian on July 26, 2009 at 7:35pm

Her knife hit my heavy braided chin strap, opening a gash on my cheek that is bleading profusely, but has done no real damage.
      While she rips the bag to bandage her arm, I grab a metal studded club, and a leather whip,

I flick the whip at her, intentionally hitting her in a long thin line across her forehead, the wound gushes blood and blinds her,
      I hit her with the end of the club and she crumbles,unconscious

Joseph Gambit
      Keymaster

Reply by Joseph Gambit on July 26, 2009 at 7:43pm

Daloki’s knife slams up into Ragnor’s chin, sending a red gush of blood streaming out over his face. Ragnor falls back for a moment, and then while Daloki cuts her way of the cloak he goes to the wall for a wip, and a club, returning just as the cloak falls around her, setteling like a skirt. He flicks the whip at her but she dodges this easily. Then he goes at her with the mace.

ONE POINT TAKEN FROM RAGNOR. THE SCORE IS NOW RAGNOR 1 – DALOKI 2 – RAGNOR’S ATTACK

Joseph Gambit
      Keymaster

Reply by Joseph Gambit on July 26, 2009 at 8:12pm

The warriors, by mutual consent, lay down their arms, and salute one another. Then turning, their wounds still dripping, they walk from the battlefield, heads held high with dignity.

MATCH IS CALLED A DRAW BY MUTUAL CONSENT

Viewing 15 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© RolePages / PebbleArt Inc. 2009 - 2019

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to toolbar