Worlds’ Crossing

Talenya’s Black Rose Inn~N~Tavern (IC for the most part, please)

This topic has 113 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 month ago by The Chronicle Society.

• Author

Originally Posted by Iris Ivy Slayter (Tamms) on August 21, 2012 at 10:24am in World’s Crossing

*Iris waits for her ‘brother to show up, having left a note for him to meet her here. She sits among the comfy worn chairs by the fire and figits a bit making Talenya laugh as she passes by to serve another guest* “Iris, you need to quit worrying so much, Vard will be here soon enough and besides Kya said she’d be stopping in too.” *Talenya chided as she wipes her hands on her apron and sits down a moment after having delivered drink and food* “Maybe even Tigeress will show up tonight.”

*Iris smiles at the thought of almost all of the old crowd being at The Black Rose again and then laughingly says* “Are you sure that the Black Rose can handle it, Tal. I mean the last time everyone was together we nearly blew the place sky high if I remember right?”

*Talenya chuckles and says softly in her musical voice* “That may be the case, but that was only because the twins brought in that baby dragon that someone had just knocked out and they thought it would stay asleep long enough to have someone help with the thing’s wing. I’ll never understand how they have such soft hearts for anything but falling in love… or rather I don’t want to.”

*Iris nods some* “You’ve seen how complicated my love life is, Tal. I’ve not much more to offer in that way to them. At least though it has mostly worked out on my part. Dev’s not bad, don’t you think?”

*Talenya* “Bad, no—he’s a saint to you and then some, plus he wants to be around for your little ones unlike how mine just up and disappeared before my son was born.”

*Iris pats her friend’s arm* How is Sean any ways? He’s what, 17, now at least.”

*Talenya smiles and says fondly* “18, next week, Iris and he makes his mother proud. He’s already gotten healing down and most of herbology. Now if he could only get the morphing and such down it’ll be grand…I wish I could show him that part..”

*Iris gives Talenya’s arm a little squeeze* “You’ve done well for the lad, Tal. And, I’m sure he’d tell you the same himself if ever you brought it up. Sean, is a forward and open young man you can’t tell me he wouldn’t openly question you if he thought for one moment that you might have been able to do more.”

*Talenya only nods and says* “Well, those pies and the other food won’t make themselves, Iris. So, while I’m away don’t fuss too much or I’ll send Cry after you.” *at the name Cry the white tiger that was curled by the fire place opens one eye and gives a short soft chaff of agreement and annoyance. Talenya laughs and nods and heads off*

*Iris looks at the tiger and says softly* “Traitor.” *the Tiger opens the other eye and thinks back to Iris* ~I’m not the one that doesn’t come around enough anymore. Besides you don’t bring your little ones to play as much anymore either or when you do come I don’t get any food out of it either.~

*Iris laughs and says softly* “You get plenty of food you lazy over grown house cat!”

*Cry snorts* ~I am not an over grown house cat, though I am a little lazy from time to time in my old age but I’m lean and still able to fight if you want to have a go, Iris?~

*Iris shakes her head* “Not now, Cry. I want to heal up a little at the bit of fun I had last night before I play with you.”

*Cry sniffs the air a little then says* ~Why didn’t you let Talen take a look at that?~

“Because it is nothing but some bruises and that’ll heal fast enough,” *Iris says simply*

~It may but such things can leave you in a bind until they do.~

*Iris grumbles* “Always have to have the last word, don’t you cousin?”

*Cry just closes her eyes again and ignores the silly two legger in favor of napping again, leaving Iris to her grumbles.*

Reply by Varddon E. Goodhaven on August 21, 2012 at 4:32pmDeleteVard walks through the door with a smile for Talenya and a quick sure step over to Iris to give her a hug, “Iris! You lovely flower and sister of mine, where have you been keeping yourself? I’ve missed you fervently.” Vard teases and then his voice changes to a bit of a pout in his own teasing of Iris* “I’ve been trying to find you for a while not and you promised you’d keep in touch.”

Cry, the white tiger opens an eye and gives a small growl, ~Vard, shut up…You know others have a life other than to please you.~

Vard gives a laugh and in his normal voice says, “I know but I love to annoy you and tease my sister.” And, he blows a kiss in the tiger’s direction as he awaits his no doubt un-surprised sister, which he had yet to stop hugging.

Cry for her part gave another growl of, ~It’s useless, he has no brains…monkey!~ Then, opens the other eye and gets up to go out behind the tavern.

Vard laughs and shakes his head calling back, “No I’m not part of them or a human, my dear!” He absolutely loved annoying Cry ever since the tiger had nearly taken a bite out of him when he’d first come here.

Reply by Kya (Jade Black) on August 21, 2012 at 4:49pmDeleteAppears in the tavern and looks about to in time to see Cry slinking out to the back of the tavern and Vard yelling after her like the dork that the man was with his arms around Iris. Kya didn’t know whether to laugh or feel sorry for Iris. She gives a nod to Talenya and holds up three fingers before joining the two by the fire place with those awesome comfy, if a little worn, chairs. Kya sits and watches the two without a word as she waits for the drinks to arrive, smiling.

Reply by Iris Ivy Slayter (Tamms) on August 21, 2012 at 5:04pmDelete*Iris hugs Vard back and listens to the little bit of dramatics that he puts on to start up Cry and shakes her head as a smile touches her lips. Vard truly would never forgive Cry for trying to stop a fight in the tavern and nearly taking a bite out of him by accident, it would seem, Iris internalizes. Ah, well…it wasn’t as if the two didn’t enjoy their odd relationship so long as Cry kept a physical distance from Vard that is.*

*Iris feels Kya’s approach and smiles three out of the mischief pack were here, gods help Talyen if Wicked and Truth decided to pop in or the other four or so that used to haunt this place as often as they could find it. Talenya liked moving The Black Rose often, which was one of the reasons Iris had first come to the place and stayed a friend of Tal for so long while she’d been running.*

*Iris shakes herself out of her thoughts as Tal arrives with the drinks that Kya has no doubt ordered for them and finally answers Vard* “I am fine with a few minor complications, and you brother o’ mine…. don’t stay in one place much either which makes keeping in touch near impossible, not that you didn’t know that but you wanted to annoy Cry, you cheeky thing you. Now, let us drink and catch up, Thank you Talen for the drinks.”

*Talenya laughs and passes round the drinks and Iris lets go of Vard in favor of the drink, Talyena’s special brew was not to be missed even for long unseen family.*

Reply by Varddon E. Goodhaven on August 21, 2012 at 10:35pmDeleteVard untangles himself as well from the now one sided hug to take his glass in good cheer. That is until he realizes that the cup Talenya had handed him was a bit smaller than the others. “TAAAAALEN! Why—I mean you know how awesome your brew is. Why would you give a poor soul less?”

(Iris I’m leaving the playing of Talenya to you as I know her but haven’t gotten promission to use her charie, Okay?)

Reply by Iris Ivy Slayter (Tamms) on August 22, 2012 at 12:10amDelete*Talenya gives a smile and says in her soft musical voice* “You chased away my bouncer, Vard, that has to be punished and your drinks are the only good way to do so.”

*Iris holds back her laughter and quickly makes a small change in subject* “Talen you have to drink with us at least one and Vard I’d like to give glad tidings of being married and having rugrats of my own now.” *Iris beams happily even as she can picture Vard’s dumbfounded look*

(It’s alright, Vard. I got permission to use Tal, as an NPC til she can get signed up on here herself so it’s fine. I can ask next time I see her if it is okay for those that know her to use her charie. But, til then it’s better if I do so.)

Reply by Kya (Jade Black) on August 22, 2012 at 7:36pmDeleteDoes laugh at Vard as Talen explains why he gets a smaller cup, this was turning out to be a better visit than she had thought. Kya stops though as she thinks about why she hadn’t thought it would be a good visit, though a smile still plays across her lips so that her friends don’t ask questions.

Reply by Varddon E. Goodhaven on August 22, 2012 at 8:38pmDeleteVard looks doubfounded at Talenya’s hreatlessness over a little picking on Cry. Almost to the point of tears at Kya’s laughter only to finally have Iris’ words sink in and Vard turns shining eyes onto her. “You mean I finally have nieces and nephews to teach and spoil?” Vard goes to clap his hands only to realize his cup is in it and smiles happily at Iris instead, forgetting the slight that Talenya had given him and Kya’s bad taste in humor in favor of the more pleasing tidings that Iris gave.

(It’s alright, Iris. I would feel a little odd and out of shorts playing Talenya even if given promission. Thank you though.)

Reply by Iris Ivy Slayter (Tamms) on August 22, 2012 at 10:28pmDelete*Iris continues to beam at Vard* “Yes, you do. Eight in all, I think. The youngest being my twins. But, I want you to promise, Vard, that you won’t be making any deals with them until they are old enough to understand.” *Iris’ voice was soft but stern, she’d already had this talk with Grey and would be damned if another that followed fey rules would try for her children.* “Not that I don’t think that you wouldn’t pay in kind back to them but they are MINE and I’ll not have them taken from me in anyway.”

*Talenya stays out of this and, wisely, goes to get her own glass to drink with them at this time.*

(sounds good, I know it can get a little strange playing others charies as NCP’s but I’ve lots of practice as an ST/DM/GM for other games.)

Reply by Kya (Jade Black) on August 23, 2012 at 3:09pmDeleteKya had seen that look before and had heard Grey complain good naturedly about how Iris would have no such things when it came to her babes. Kya watched with interest and almost wanted to follow Talenya because she didn’t really want to be any part of this either and Vard didn’t always like to keep it one on one if there were more people to get involved in the matter.

Reply by Varddon E. Goodhaven on August 23, 2012 at 3:19pmDeleteVard blinks and lines appear on his brow as though trying to figure out what exactly Iris was saying to him. Vard could be a little airy in the mind when he’d been running too long without friends from HIM. (Hopes no one makes fun of that as a joke on the band or the charie off of Power Puff Girls.) He thinks a bit before saying softly, “Iris, I make many a deal but usually with those lost and alone in the world. Your children are not so and they are sure to be truly loved and want for nothing the way you spoke to me just now. So, in short there would be nothing that I could truly offer them in the first place to get them to come with me like that. Besides, just as I follow fey rules on such things you should remember that another fey cannot interfere with another’s half kin as a way of respect and pity for the gift they have over us. I know I’m not exactly fey but…” He trails off and shrugs having been serious for too long after being so airy to keep HIM from finding Vard again.

Reply by Iris Ivy Slayter (Tamms) on August 23, 2012 at 3:31pmDelete*It was Iris’ turn to blink her silvery unseeing eyes at Vard’s words* “I–” *she began but found she didn’t know what to say more than that. Iris had expected Vard to pout a bit, play it up, or even to try and involve the others after his entrance and banter with Cry. Vard tended to need time to shift gears but some times he did it a little too fast for her to follow. Finally Iris just settled for* “That pleases me very much, Vard.” *she avoided the use of thank you not to be rued but one never offered that to any that followed fey rules unless they wanted a small something owed.*

(Don’t think that they would but you gave them a nice opening for it now. And, I know you play up this side of fey lore like Grey so I am too. Not a everyone here does as fair warning.)

Reply by Varddon E. Goodhaven on August 24, 2012 at 9:36pmDeleteSmiles warmly and says gently with eyes fixed on Iris, “But, teach them well the ways of things, Iris. Young make so many mistakes later when they are too fiercely guarded and not shown the ways of the world.” Vard hopes that Iris didn’t take that the wrong way, he knew how much she likely loved those children from the very way she’d made sure to tell him no deals. But, sometimes love clouded teaching the harder things to young ones. Vard hoped too that Talenya would take pity on him while she was getting her drink and bring a glass that was the same as everyone else for him.

Reply by Kya (Jade Black) on August 28, 2012 at 6:22pmDeleteKya finally speaks, “Vard, you are too cute when you get all serious. But, Iris has had a rough time of things lately so ease up a little will you? You know I wouldn’t usually ask but…” Kya trails off with a shrug. “We’ve all had a really rough time of things lately actually, I suppose. Talenya, are you going to join us for that drink or are we going to be toasting Iris’ wonderful children without?”

Reply by Iris Ivy Slayter (Tamms) on August 28, 2012 at 7:15pmDelete*Iris raises a hand to still Kya and gives a gentle smile* “Kya, it’s fine. Vard only speaks the truth, most do try and keep the bad of the world from touching their children’s lives until they make their way in the world. They think that it is doing them a kindness when it really hurts their children in the end. Vard doesn’t know about any of the things that have gone on in my life but what we’ve told him and maybe a few whispers on the wind about what I’m not running from anymore. There is no need to hush Vard. While Kya is right, we’ve all had a trying time lately it doesn’t mean I cannot take a kind word of caution from my ‘brother’ in arms.”

*Talenya rejoins the group with a cup for Vard of the right size and one for herself and the comment on everything she offers is* “Here, Here.” *as she hands Vard the new cup and the smaller one disappears* “Let us drink and be happy in our rejoining of friends.”

Reply by Varddon E. Goodhaven on August 28, 2012 at 7:22pmDeleteVard takes up the drink and offers a sweet smile to Talenya, “‘Tis a great kindness you do me, Talenya.” Then nods to Kya and says, “To the happiness of us all and the health of our families and friends.” He waits til they all raise their glasses and gives each lady a good amount of time to add what they like to the toast. After all is said and done he drinks happily with them.

Reply by Iris Ivy Slayter (Tamms) on August 28, 2012 at 11:18pmDelete*Both Iris and Talenya nod and wait to see if Kya adds something to the small toast for the group before drinking*

Reply by Kya (Jade Black) on August 28, 2012 at 11:36pmDeleteKya gives a soft laugh that actually felt real to her, “Thank goodness for friends when times are hard and may they always find a place in our hearts and warm our souls.” And, with that she drinks with the rest of them, oddly happy and content at this moment when only a little while ago Kya had been so depressed and tired. The miriacle of friends never ceased to amaze her.

Reply by Truth (Demoní A. Cruz) on August 28, 2012 at 11:55pmDeleteTruth appears in their midist after they’d finished toasting and having their drink when a wry grin and a, “Ha! I found you two sister’s of mine…” then he looks around and sees Vard and his grin turns even more toothy if possible. “And, one of my brother’s now if only I could find Wicked we’d be in even better shape.” Truth moves over to Talenya and gives her a big hug, “I always know where you are older sister so I didn’t count you but you hold a special place in our twin hearts and you know it.” Truth always spoke for his brother when it came to the people they considered family when Wicked wasn’t there to do it himself. Down the mental link they shared he called to his brother, ~Wicked, oh Wicked, where for out thou Wicked? …~ Truth was almost sure he’d get a response back with that if only to tell him to shut-up and not to dare finish that thought.

Reply by Greyling on September 3, 2012 at 8:02pmDeleteArrives at the tavern in a fey mood, which is only natural and appropriate given his background. Sleep has been strange these nights since the blue moon, and dream a recluse at home. He scans the room for a glimpse of someone to talk to, and what might be here but a circle of drinkers toasting? “Here’s a health to the company, as soon as I may have something to raise other than my hand.” He signals politely for a drink, and his habits are so well known that a whiskey is more likely to appear than not. “And how do we all find ourselves this day? Other than tall, as we could just as well be seated, but apparently choose not to.”

Reply by Iris Ivy Slayter (Tamms) on September 3, 2012 at 8:13pmDelete*Talenya makes a glass of Irish Whiskey appear in Greyling’s hand with a small shake of her head as she looks to Kya.*

*Iris laughs and says* Welcome, Grey. You’re just in time to meet some family if you will of Kya, myself, and Talenya.

Reply by Kya (Jade Black) on September 3, 2012 at 8:18pmDeleteKya turns to see Grey and the look that Talenya gives her has her upon her feet and going to collect her silly fey before he puts his foot too far into his mouth to walk.

Reply by Wicked (Damion A. Cruz) on September 3, 2012 at 8:24pmDeleteWicked appears directly behind his brother as Greyling’s whiskey arrives. ~Are you suggesting I deny our father? I’ll not forswear my name, for will ye, nill ye…~ “I’ll always be Wicked. Hello everyone. Is my brother behaving? He really shouldn’t, you know.”

Reply by Varddon E. Goodhaven on September 3, 2012 at 8:24pmDeleteVard watches Kya get up and curiously watches the new comer as she makes her way to him. This Grey might be a very interesting person to know and if Iris and Kya liked him then Vard would at least give him more of a chance then less of one to impress.

Reply by Greyling on September 3, 2012 at 8:29pmDelete”I’d love to meet family. Kya, my love, would you be so gracious as to introduce me?” Looks expectantly at the faces around him and sips whiskey while swilling it in the tumbler a bit.

Reply by Truth (Demoní A. Cruz) on September 3, 2012 at 8:30pmDeleteTruth turns and gives is brother a hug, knowing that he’d hardly get a chance for such silliness later unless Wicked was drunk. ~Our father didn’t give you that name…you know as well as I t’was our warrior’s earning.~ “it’s good to see you, Wicked and I am behaving a little and playing a lot.” Truth moves to join the others after pulling away from the hug rather hoping not to break any of Talenya’s belongings this visit with playing around his brother.

Reply by Kya (Jade Black) on September 3, 2012 at 8:38pmDeleteWhen Kya reaches Grey she takes his arm looking at the quick display between Truth and Wicked and trying not to laugh at them. “Grey, I believe you’ve already met Truth and Wicked here…once very briefly. Bother are legendary fighters.” Then she moves them toward the group hoping that Grey will not be too fey just yet as she points him in the direction of Vard, “This is Vard a wayward brother in arms to Iris and myself along with the twins.” Then she holds out a hand to indicate the lovely Talenya, “And, this our hostess, I’m sure you’ve met once before but just in case, Talenya owner of the Black Rose in which you now stand.” That over with she sits and motions Grey to do the same beside her.

Reply by Greyling on September 3, 2012 at 9:18pmDelete”My dear gracious hostess, good evening. And hello again Truth, Wicked. Good to see you again. Vard, I suspect we’ll have much to talk about.” Sits down next to Kya and gives her a brief kiss before taking another sip.

Reply by Kya (Jade Black) on September 3, 2012 at 9:43pmDeleteKya kisses back and settles a little more comfortably on the couch. Giving an indulgent look at the fireplace as the flames crackle merrily.

Reply by Varddon E. Goodhaven on September 3, 2012 at 9:49pmDeleteVard looks first to the brothers he knew so well and then to Grey that just finished talking to him, “Well, that could be debated but since you are attached to one of my sisters, particularly one that wouldn’t mind giving a good beating, we shall see how things turn out.” Vard gives a roguish smile and then turns his attention back to the twins, “The wicked truth, what have you two been doing with yourselves that I’ve only had the chance to run into you twice since the last family gathering?”

Reply by Truth (Demoní A. Cruz) on September 3, 2012 at 9:53pmDeleteTruth takes a seat among his dear friends and pulls out a seat for his brother before responding with a nod to Grey and a polite, “Business of warriors, Vard” to Vard looking more than a little like he’d good-naturedly beat Vard like the little brother he was if he asked much more.

Reply by Wicked (Damion A. Cruz) on September 3, 2012 at 10:00pmDelete”And some pleasure of warriors also…” , with a wink and a grin. Wicked gives Vard a similar look as his brother, though it seems more as if he’d throw the first punch. “Now, on to the business of this evening…and the pleasure.”

Reply by Iris Ivy Slayter (Tamms) on September 4, 2012 at 1:08amDelete*Talenya comes next to the twins with two glasses a piece and after setting it down on the table near them says softly to Wicked* “You wreck stuff in my bar again you are going to us more than warrior ways…you are going to be doing carpenter work until everything is back to the way it was.” *she teases lightly enough but there is something in her eyes that lets Wicked know that his ‘older sister’ really meant it.*

*Iris is all smiles and says* “The only thing missing are my children whom we were just toasting.”

Reply by Varddon E. Goodhaven on September 4, 2012 at 1:11am Vard shakes his head figuring at how close Talenya had gotten that she was trying to help him out, “While I am greatful to the lady of the house I don’t need you whispering things to Wicked for me sister.”

Reply by Truth (Demoní A. Cruz) on September 4, 2012 at 1:14am Truth picks up his drink to hide the smile and the almost grim look after, Talenya would likely have him helping Wicked if she caught him making any faces and his brother did indeed mess up.

Reply by Iris Ivy Slayter (Tamms) on September 4, 2012 at 1:16am *Talenya turns slowly toward Vard and smiles sweetly* “Little brother if you really want I’ll tell you like I told Wicked you break something in my Tavern and I’m going to have you fixing it. NOT paying for it this time around, got it?”

Reply by Varddon E. Goodhaven on September 4, 2012 at 1:26am Vard looks like he’s swallowed a bitter pill and goes back to his drink so that he doesn’t put his foot in it again. He was usually better at this but when Wicked came around sometime Vard forgot himself as if he really was a younger brother around an older one he wished to be like and yet show up from time to time to get out from under his shadow.

Reply by Truth (Demoní A. Cruz) on September 5, 2012 at 5:11pm Truth sips at his drink and watches the goings on trying to stay out of Talenya’s sights. Their older sister didn’t like to fight but when she did…a small smile touches his lips as a shiver goes down his spin.

Reply by Iris Ivy Slayter (Tamms) on September 5, 2012 at 9:38pm *Talenya eyes Vard until she is sure that he’ll not be foolish and open his mouth again on the subject. Then she turns to Wicked with an eyebrow raised waiting to see what he may end up saying or if he too might be smart in holding his tongue.*

*Iris mean while pleads softly* “We came to enjoy ourselves, didn’t we? Why are we wasting time fighting with our family and friends? Life right now is hard enough don’t you think? Grey, please…” *she entreats Grey for help to smooth things knowing that Kya is some times content to watch these things play out.  But, she hopes that Grey might stand with her and bring these this eve back to fun.*

Reply by Greyling on September 5, 2012 at 9:45pm *Smiles broadly and pulls forth a multitude of small things from his coat.* Now then, what have we here to bring things to a more festive mood, eh? *Varieties of food and serving dishes are pulled out first.* Some help with the hosting, if I may be so bold as to help our hostess provide. *Gives a nod to Talenya and continues rummaging.* Some music of a sort for dancing and entertainment. *Brings out faerie instruments gifted with the magic to play themselves, but as yet they are silent.* And of course, some games of chance and forfeit. *Withdraws from his coat several decks of different styles of cards as well as dice, nucklebones, coins of varied denominations and metals, and a board or two with tokens.* So, shall we? I said shall we? **Ahem!** *Brings forth a conductor’s baton and stirs the instruments to life, playing a rousing reel to set tongues to wagging and feet to flight.*

Reply by Varddon E. Goodhaven on September 5, 2012 at 10:30pm Vard looks mildly interested in the items that Greyling has pulled out for the ‘games of chance and forgeit’. But, no mean to upset he wasn’t about to eat of the food–sticking to Talenya’s. Fey had funny ideas about food every now and again and he didn’t like getting to much involved in that side of that. The music was lovely but Vard ignored the impulse to dance. “I’m curious about one or two of your ‘games’, Grey.” Vard says off-handedly, not sure he wants to play just yet but as he had HIM chasing Vard anyway what would the games of chance really do more to disrupt his life.

Reply by Iris Ivy Slayter (Tamms) on September 5, 2012 at 10:58pm *Iris hears Grey talking with himself and then the music starting and as much as she’d like to open her mouth and berate Grey for such things in Talenya’s place she’d asked for it, well and truly this time. Iris was often very careful in asking Grey for help but with the mess at home she’d forgotten to watch her words. Now Iris would see just how much merry this ocassion, due to her words it, would be.*

*Talenya turns eyes on Grey briefly, she didn’t like the idea of such ‘games’ in her tavern but she wasn’t going to stop others from foolishly getting into them though pulling Vard out might be something Talenya would have to think on later with the way her youngest brother, here, was. But, then she turns eyes back to Wicked waiting to see what he’d do.*

Reply by Wicked (Damion A. Cruz) on September 6, 2012 at 12:49am *Smiles and actually claps his hands like a child.* I’d love a good game. And Fae have the best stakes. It’s not a good game without risk. What are we playing for tonight? And what shall we play to decide it? *A gleam of daring adventure lingers in his eye as he looks at the toys and tools of chance before them. ~What do you say, brother? Up to a little wager?~

Reply by Greyling on September 6, 2012 at 12:53am Well, if we are to play a game, and we have no single guest of honor this evening, our hostess, Mistress Talenya should choose the game. The youngest among us shall choose stakes, and we shall choose a judge from amongst ourselves to enforce forfeits. *Delivers this small speech with great formality as if reading from a rule book before he turns to his hostess with a humble bow.* Does this meet with your approval, Lady Barkeep?

Reply by Truth (Demoní A. Cruz) on September 6, 2012 at 1:07am (I love you brother but some days I really want to hurt you. -_-‘)

Truth thinks back to Wicked, ~I was hoping to sit out for once but yet again the mirror must be around for the reflection.~ Of course this was his way of teasing his brother and maybe this could be the way he gets Wicked to actually work at having a relationship to mend his heart, instead of all the toying about with others hearts. ~If we do play I think I’m going to up the stakes just between us two…~

Reply by Greyling on September 6, 2012 at 1:49am *Gestures with a steady hand to each of the games in turn: A set of five colored dice, an ornate deck of cards on ivory plaques, a set of sticks carved with runes, a separate deck of cards made of fine paper with gilded edges, a set of dice made of carved knuckle bones of some kind, a set of weirding stones made of different semi-precious gems, a winding boardgame with accompanying white and black sticks, a spinning top with runes and pictures, a board similar to chess or checkers with strange pieces, and a simple wooden box with no ornamentation at all. Beside all this are a collection of tokens and counters, prizes and favours.*

Reply by Iris Ivy Slayter (Tamms) on September 6, 2012 at 2:17am *Talenya frowns a little at Wicked’s reaction to all this but shrugs and turns to face Grey. She wasn’t in favor of this normally but Iris had begged for help from Grey to get them from half fighting to merriment which said a lot about Iris’ troubles and how much she’d wanted it like the old days. They’d forgotten her wishes when they’d all gotten together and so Talenya feeling as though she needed to repent a bit nods to Grey* “Fine, Grey but nothing too serious for the stakes as ruling on this from the hostess’ side of things. And, Vard happens to be the youngest here but keep in mind that Iris was the one that brought us all together and should hold a place of height on this, since we’d forgotten that upon seeing each other again.”

*Iris blinks her silvery unseeing eyes and looks a little confused* “Tal—” *She begins but when she feels Talenya hold up a hand she stops and nods some.* “I suppose that I did…”

Reply by Greyling on September 6, 2012 at 2:23am *Greyling nods agreeably with Tal* Of course. Lady’s choice. Shall we play for past, present, or future? For time or memory or thought? For finding or losing or challenging? For choices or freedom or tyranny?

Reply by Iris Ivy Slayter (Tamms) on September 6, 2012 at 2:46am *Talenya looks to Vard knowing that some of those might sound very enticing to him most of all and this is exactly why she tried not to get herself into holding such games. Then she looks to Iris and Kya and Truth and Wicked last of all before looking back at Greyling.* “Past would be good or thoughts.” *It was time that they cleared some of the air from some of their thoughts and past. Let them sort it out as they pleased if they wanted to play.*

*Iris chokes on her drink at Talen’s choice. Inwardly thinking* ~Shit!…W-h-h-h-h-h-h-h-y?!? This is going to be one interesting night if nothing else…-.-‘ ~

Reply by Wicked (Damion A. Cruz) on September 6, 2012 at 3:03am ~Brother, I am willing to take any wager you have for me, but if you think you can sit out, you’re a sad, silly man.~ Past thoughts. Interesting topic for the evening. Safer than some past actions, I suppose. So which game are we using for these past thoughts? *Eyes the cards and dice and boards and box.* Simple things, plain things, Fae things are rarely honest. No offense meant to present company of course, you sly devils. *Smirks a bit at the company to see if it provokes a response.*

Reply by Greyling on September 6, 2012 at 3:06am We have a topic to be our subject and our prize. Now we need only choose a game and a wager. I wager truth. What is our game? You may ask for the identity of each if they are unfamiliar to you.

Reply by Truth (Demoní A. Cruz) on September 6, 2012 at 3:11am Truth snorts and laughs, ~Never with you around brother.~ Truth goes still again when he sees Vard eyeing some of the less and making them more interesting items to play. “Fae games can be either fun or have a slight danger,” Truth says to no one in particular. ~You know you can be such a child sometimes, Wicked. No wonder the women like you so much. Why they chase me is still a mystery to me.~

Reply by Varddon E. Goodhaven on September 6, 2012 at 3:19am Vard hardly pays any attention now that it is his turn to choose amongst all that’s there. He’d have rather chosen what to play for but since Talenya got that one and Vard wasn’t about to fight her on it it was his chance to help or hinder things along. Vard’s eyes keep going over the more plain looking items for they were usually the ones that could produce the most mischief and even without HIM around he wanted some chaos and a chance to come out better off for once. “I’m not familiar with the box, friend, how is that one played?”

Reply by Truth (Demoní A. Cruz) on September 6, 2012 at 9:19pm Truth stands and walks over to where Vard is sitting. He lays a hand on Vard’s arm, “No,” Truth says calmly, “not this early in the night. What other game catches your fancy to start?” Truth wouldn’t have minded starting with the box as he know well enough Wicked would have too. But, Iris or Talen or both would have had a stroke or something. That was a game that needed leading up to for some of their group, and probably a lot more drink, even if he didn’t know how Grey would put his spin on it.

Reply by Iris Ivy Slayter (Tamms) on September 6, 2012 at 9:47pm *Iris had just about had said stroke when Vard just asked about the box and had been about to say something when she’d heard either Truth or Wicked move…and then Truth’s voice telling Vard no, bless his heart*

Reply by Varddon E. Goodhaven on September 9, 2012 at 9:25pm Vard is startled by the touch of Truth’s hand and looks at it and then up at Truth as he listens to what Truth has to say. Vard looks a little distracted though because inwardly he is saying, ~You are a bastard… you know that, right?~

An all together different voice that sounds far away answers in his head of, ~Well, you seem so desperate to get away from me that I figured that I’d help you focus on something that might do us both the favor.~

Vard growls in his mind, he’d been a fool to look so eager at such things that he let his shields down a little and HE started whispering.

~Growling at me will do no good, Varddon…I’ll find you again…I always do and one day I’ll subdue you enough to either fill you completely and lock you away in some dark corner or I’ll break you down enough to do my bidding and rewrite the tome you destoryed to keep others from sharing your fate…~

Vard got tired of the threat he’d been hearing since he’d had the misfortune of reading the damn thing and getting stuck with HIM, so he focused on his shields again and the voice died but not before a stupid evil laugh. ~Really? You’d think after having been stuck with me for so long that he’d have developed more class by now or at least some taste.~ Vard focuses back on Truth, looks at his hand again, and then back up at Truth’s face with a raised eyebrow. “I am capable of making my own choices Truth and had only asked what it was not said I choose to play that game. There are limits even to my ‘foolishness’.”

Reply by Truth (Demoní A. Cruz) on September 9, 2012 at 11:01pm Truth removes his hand and says, “Sorry, brother but a gentle warning was all I was offering.” The look in his eyes was one that Vard would understand though as, ‘I know that the darkness called you again and though I shouldn’t have touched you, I was helping you notice it.’ And, that melted into, ‘Please don’t start acting like Wicked on me, that’s all I need is two when I can barely handle one.’ The last look was one of teasing that Truth used with Vard and had some times even said as much to him away from his tiwns ears.

Reply by Varddon E. Goodhaven on September 11, 2012 at 9:15pm Vard gives a small nod as if to acknowledge it all and turned his eyes back to Grey after saying softly, “Erith-aren Lom vailner-Lee, Truth.” Truth, would understand and those within the group that had been long time ‘family’ it was something that they’d worked on to help on missions when they helped one another so that the enemy could remain confused. Vard was curious as to why Greyling had been slient this whole time, was it to watch the group interact with each other, to learn more about each on their own, or was there something that he did not see. He tilts his head slightly as he studies Grey and as he waits for that answer to his earlier asking Vard tries to figure out Kya’s ‘love’.

Reply by Greyling on September 12, 2012 at 1:03am Greyling Eastwind watches the interchanges between the people he has been brought to as ‘family’. There are dangers in these people; strengths and weaknesses of such force as to change worlds. They have become much in their various lives. In other words, much power. However, they are still not quite set in their courses, still not destined to arrive at the end of their paths. They grow and shape each other even now, unlike most Fae. In other words, much potential. There is nothing more changing and evocative than potential. It is his gift, his mandate, and his own source of power. Will they be ready for what comes, he wonders? They asked him in, so he assumes they knew what they asked. They asked to play, with the same assumption. Still, perhaps they knew not. He will begin gently, and see what arises. Power, or potential.

He turns to Vard, realizing he had been asked a question. He was not paying attention at the time, and one must always pay attention, preferably with exact change. He reviews his passive memory, his sense of things not quite sensed. Ah, the question. “One simply places one’s hand within the box, and the game is begun. But perhaps not for the evening’s icebreaker. One breaks one’s fast on a specific type of meal, and that is meat of a later nature. Perhaps later this evening there will be time for the box, if others are willing.”

Reply by Truth (Demoní A. Cruz) on September 12, 2012 at 2:48am Truth mutters to Vard after Grey finally answers, “I-cantra Lo hailenty, little brother.” Truth smiles and shakes his head after though as if the words were not so important but the answering back after being spoken to  was.

Reply by Varddon E. Goodhaven on September 12, 2012 at 3:05am Vard watches Grey a little longer after he’s  finally answered, hearing Truth’s response though has Vard grinning. “English would be more  polite to Grey, Truth. I’m sorry Grey, we’ve been a little rude. Some times we forget ourselves when together, I’m sure after a little while Kya will have you clued in.” Vard seemed amiable enough after being told a second time that it would be a bad thing to play with…which was some times a very bad sign. “I think than that I want to play with stones first, if no one is too objectionable about it?”

Reply by Wicked (Damion A. Cruz) on September 12, 2012 at 8:31pm Wicked smiles at Vard and replies, “I’m your huckleberry. And yes, I think English would be most polite to our guests.” ~What about you, brother, have you got the stones?~

Reply by Greyling on September 12, 2012 at 8:33pm “I think the Stones would be a fine way to start. Who would like to go first?” He watches the group to measure their caution against their interest.

Reply by Truth (Demoní A. Cruz) on September 12, 2012 at 9:24pm Truth laughs into his twin’s mind, ~Of course I do, when we get to that game I’ll be more than happy to play. I wouldn’t have cautioned our little brother here if it wasn’t for the fact that I think that Iris and Talen might have kicked all the men folk out for it.~ Out loud he offers, “I’ll play all the games chosen tonight and by Vard here. But, I’ll not go first on this game, Greyling.”

Reply by Kya (Jade Black) on September 12, 2012 at 9:38pm Kya for the first time moves in a while, roused by Truth’s declair of faith in Vard’s choosings for the night. Truly this was interesting indeed, more so to play than to sit as she had so far on the side lines. “I’ll go first if Wicked doesn’t want to start off like his brother for this game. I may not play in all games due to maybe being called to work or even napping since Talen’s is so comfy but I’m interested enough now.”

Reply by Wicked (Damion A. Cruz) on September 13, 2012 at 11:04am Wicked bows somewhat mockingly with a cavalier attitude and a harlequin smile. “By all means, ladies first, I simply couldn’t stand in the way of the feminine will and wiles.”

Reply by Greyling on September 13, 2012 at 11:07am Greyling frowns at the brother’s rudeness but prepares to hand the leather bag of weirding stones to his lover as the first to play. “We’ll see how the stones describe yourself when the time comes then, Wicked sirrah.” he says with a grim and knowing smile.

Reply by Truth (Demoní A. Cruz) on September 13, 2012 at 7:16pm Truth narrows his eyes at his twin and out loud says, “Show a bit more respect, brother, to someone that is a fellow warrior.” Thinks to Wicked in teasing, ~You’ve really got to start keeping your temper when she baits you, brother. One might start to think that you have no strength of will.~

Reply by Kya (Jade Black) on September 13, 2012 at 9:05pm Kya smiles at Wicked as she holds her hand out for the leather bad of weirding stones. “Truth,” She looks to him as she starts speaking, “it is okay. Just because I can fight doesn’t mean Wicked isn’t right to be hard on me, I am a woman after all. And, any man worth his salt knows that females can be danger just as much as beautiful, I’m sure you know.”

Kay purrs the last as Wicked when she turns her eyes to him, “Thank you for the high compliment, Wicked.” Grey may be her man now but Kya could have seen herself with Wicked if he’d only have gotten his head out if his ass. Now though, she was with Grey and she wouldn’t move from his side for any other male no matter the why.

Reply by Truth (Demoní A. Cruz) on September 13, 2012 at 9:33pm Truth raises an eyebrow and shakes his head he’d naver understood why Kya always took such comments from his twin. Kya was way too nice to Wicked if you asked him, but it gave Truth hope that his brother wasn’t too lost yet. As always though Truth kept his own council, though maybe by the end of the night he’d ask her.

Reply by Kya (Jade Black) on September 13, 2012 at 10:49pm

Kya (Jade Black) said:

Kya smiles at Wicked as she holds her hand out for the leather bad of weirding stones. “Truth,” She looks to him as she starts speaking, “it is okay. Just because I can fight doesn’t mean Wicked isn’t right to be hard on me, I am a woman after all. And, any man worth his salt knows that females can be danger just as much as beautiful, I’m sure you know.”

Kay purrs the last as Wicked when she turns her eyes to him, “Thank you for the high compliment, Wicked.” Grey may be her man now but Kya could have seen herself with Wicked if he’d only have gotten his head out if his ass. Now though, she was with Grey and she wouldn’t move from his side for any other male no matter the why.

(Sorry guys but I need to make some corrections. “…can be dangerous just as…” “Kya Purrs…” ….Okay, thank you, you know how much it bothers me when I see it after the fact and I don’t fix it.)

Reply by Iris Ivy Slayter (Tamms) on September 13, 2012 at 11:24pm (Missed one Kya, “…the last at Wicked when…” I know that you were probably looking for it so I figured since I saw it I’d point it out.)

*Talenya lightly pushes at Iris’ mental walls and waits to be let in*

*Iris opens her shields to Talenya enough for them to talk* ~Yes?~

~Are we going to sit out on the easier games or are you wanting to play now and then decline later? You can’t have both you know.~ *Talenya thinks to Iris*

*Iris frowns a little as she replies back* ~I suppose you are right and I was the one that asked Grey to help…~ *Iris was still a little shell shocked that she hadn’t been careful with her words with Grey.*

*Talenya gives one nod and thinks back* ~Good~ “I’ll play at least this game as well, Grey, if you don’t mind.”

*Iris puts on an even expression and says after* “Count me in as well as we go along at least for this game.”

*Inwardly Talenya smiles at Iris and Iris laughs back inwardly and outwardly she gives a laugh*

Reply by Greyling on September 14, 2012 at 7:07am He sets the stones in front of Kya and explains the game. “This is Moonstone. It shows the future or the past, memory or dreams. Jade shows the course of a life, the rocks and ruts and bumps that lead to perfection of the self.” He smiles at Kya over this and continues. “Onyx divides the world into black and white, this and that, us and them.” He glances at Wicked and Truth before continuing. “Amethyst is for mental clarity, but in this game may be reversed for madness and delusion. Malachite is for change, and fortune, and luck. Citrine is for union between the conscious and unconscious. Should prove interesting for some of us.” He looks to Vard on this point. “And certainly not least, Lapis Lazuli is last. It represents insight and intuition.” He pointed once to each stone without touching them and indeed had not set a finger on them since pouring them out of the bag. “We shall each in turn choose a stone and receive a gift. We shall observe the affects of this gift on our cohort and then replace the stone so the next person may choose fully. Those who do not wish to play simple need not choose. Normally this game would be played blind, but I thought this early in the evening might be more comfortable this way, no?”

Reply by Iris Ivy Slayter (Tamms) on September 14, 2012 at 7:16am *Iris laughs again* “That’s a thing to say, Grey when one of the party is always so.” *Iris seems in fine spirits for now*

*Talenya smiles and says nothing*

Reply by Wicked (Damion A. Cruz) on September 14, 2012 at 7:16am Wicked glowers at Grey when he looks this way but remains silent for the most part. ~You know, if I’m going to be the butt of all comments this evening, I’m not sure why I should stay. I’d much rather be dishing than receiving.~ Well, this should be entertaining then.

Reply by Kya (Jade Black) on September 14, 2012 at 7:19am Kya tries not to laugh and says, “I don’t  mind choosing from the bag and unable to see that’s the point of this, not to know, isn’t it? A true game of chance as it were.” Kya tilts her head as she looks back to Wicked for a moment, a look for curiousness upon her face.

Reply by Truth (Demoní A. Cruz) on September 14, 2012 at 7:25am ~Go if you will my reflection, but the mirror stays here for the time being.~ Truth replies to his twin. “I too shall choose from the bag rather than this way, Grey. It seems only fair and fitting we don’t know,” Truth adds aloud. ~If you can’t take a bit of teasing from the adopted family we claimed, I don’t know what to tell you, brother. Though, as my name implies, truth be told I wish you’d stay… for Iris’ sake, she seems like she needs the cheering. And, I’d like you to be around it isn’t often that we are together and not fighting against someone these days.~

Reply by Varddon E. Goodhaven on September 14, 2012 at 7:29am Vard tilts his head and says, “I don’t see the harm in playing with the bag myself, if you are fine with it that is, Grey”

Reply by Greyling on September 14, 2012 at 9:06pm “Perfectly fine.” He takes up the napkin he had laid them down on for the table and uses this to pour them back into their pouch. “Here we are then.” He shakes the bag slightly and the stones nestle against each other. “Who shall go first?”

Reply by Wicked (Damion A. Cruz) on September 14, 2012 at 9:12pm ~I’ll remain, thank you. The reflection can outlast the mirror given the right circumstances.~ “Vard was going first, wasn’t he?”

Reply by Varddon E. Goodhaven on September 15, 2012 at 4:52am Vard shakes his head, “No, I chose. Kya said she was going first if you didn’t take up the mantle of first to try, Wicked. If Kya doesn’t mind though, I can go first.”

Reply by Kya (Jade Black) on September 15, 2012 at 4:58am Raises an eyebrow at Wicked and then at Grey for his absent minded fux pas, thinking, ~When I get him home he’s going to pay for this.~ Kya drops her hand that she’d been holding out for the bag of stones. “Do as you please,” she says as she scoots a little away from Grey with an aloof look about her. It was a slight by Wicked more than likely but for Grey to forget that Kya was going first was something that sort of hurt. Kya sat back and let her eyes slide to that half hooded level to watch the goings  on.

Reply by Varddon E. Goodhaven on September 15, 2012 at 6:19am Vard frowns as he watches Kya drop her hand and the subsequent behavior. After a moment Vard says, “I take my offer to start first off the table, we’d said Kya could go first before saying we’d all play from the bag so it is only right that she go first now.” With that Vard folds his arms and makes himself more comfortable. Then as an after though he looks hopefully to Talenya as Vard unfolds his arms, picks up his glass, and raises his empty glass as plead for a little more of her special brew.

Reply by Iris Ivy Slayter (Tamms) on September 15, 2012 at 1:04pm *Talenya raises an eyebrow onces she catches Vard’s look and tries not to laugh. She gives a nod collects Vard’s glass from his hand and goes to the back while the group sorts this among themselves. Talenya may be the oldest ‘sister’ but she didn’t have to be the one to help them sort through some of the things that they got into.*

*Iris listens to the back and forth with a strange look, keeping her thoughts to herself as of yet and hoping that she didn’t have to step in like she did for her children from time to time.*

Reply by Wicked (Damion A. Cruz) on September 17, 2012 at 12:00am He laughs a little at the hole Grey appears to have dug for himself. ~This could be interesting, brother. Any bets on how long he lasts?~

Reply by Greyling on September 17, 2012 at 12:05am Well, he thinks to himself, that didn’t go quite as expected, but it’s interesting nonetheless. “No, no, I am more than happy to see Kya go first. I only offered to confirm.” And to stir the pot a bit, but it appears to have boiled over in places. “Love, here is the bag, shall we begin with your draw?”

Reply by Varddon E. Goodhaven on September 17, 2012 at 12:30am Vard looks to Kya to see if she takes the bag after Grey’s error or if she spits fire at him.

Reply by Kya (Jade Black) on September 17, 2012 at 12:38am Kya narrows her eyes at Greyling, eyeing the bag and then him as though he’d gone from offering her flowers or a fun game to offering her an old dead fish or the severed head of a friend. “Why ever would I want that now? You obviously didn’t intend for me to start, Greyling Eastwind!” Kya folds her arms over her chest and looks coldly at him with still narrowed eyes.

Reply by Truth (Demoní A. Cruz) on September 18, 2012 at 9:34pm Truth raises an eyebrow at Wicked, ~Looks like you helped to stir up trouble in the domestic side of Kya’s life. I don’t think you meant to but it is going to be something to see Grey work through if he can tonight, don’t you think reflection?~ Truth schools his features into a blank mask as he looks back to the couple without making it overly noticeable that he had an interest in the matter. Truth didn’t like that Wicked had started trouble in Kya’s love life but since he’d had so little experienace with love and the like he couldn’t help but be a little curious about the way couples handle things.

Reply by Wicked (Damion A. Cruz) on September 20, 2012 at 3:28am Raises both eyebrows at Truth. ~Now how could I know he’d dig himself such a delicious and entertaining hole? Anyway, this game seems tame, how about a wager on the relationship itself? I bet thirteen of any coin you name that she’ll have struck him by the time the night is over.~ Wicked uses the same trick to transform his face into a blank mask as he watches the couple with interest.

Reply by Truth (Demoní A. Cruz) on September 21, 2012 at 12:29am Truth chuckles softly in his twin’s head, ~I’ll take that wager, brother, but I’ll say now that I think you’ll be the poorer from this. … …and I think I want thirteen silver from old Roman Earth time period. I know you have some left… Hells you should have a goodly amount left even if you spent it like water when we visited Earth at that time. Caligula really loved your style of living though.~ The last said in a blase tone, no joking only truth.

Reply by Varddon E. Goodhaven on September 21, 2012 at 1:49pm Vard stays completely out of it, he even averts his eyes from the couple in case Kya wanted to find someone else to pick a fight with on top of Grey now that she was pissy. And, Vard knew that there was a difference between her just starting to get pissy and Kya truly being mad. He wanted no dealings this night with either.

Reply by Greyling on September 21, 2012 at 4:35pm “Love, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to exclude you. This old memory does not keep track of things as well as it should at times, and I misplaced your claim to first somewhere between the centuries. May I make it up to you now by giving you the first draw?”

Reply by Kya (Jade Black) on September 25, 2012 at 3:50pm Kya raises an eyebrow over one of her already narrowed eyes. Vard had been right in his thinking she was starting to get pissed. After watching Grey a bit longer she slowly speaks in a low controlled voice, “I would have had first draw had you remembered I was first anyways, Greyling.” Unspoken but surely heard after was, You’ll have to find another way to make it up to me because you and I both know that one was crap. Kya didn’t usually mind being past over for such things but when it came to Grey and them not always being able to see each other on a regular basis…well. She tended to pay a lot of attention to the male and wanted nothing less from him in return when they did see each other.

Reply by Iris Ivy Slayter (Tamms) on September 25, 2012 at 4:01pm Iris raises and says softly, “I’m going to see what is keeping Talen. She and I are last to join this game so last to go anyways. ’til I’m needed I’m going to be trying to find out what Talen is up to.” With that Iris moves off to where she’d heard Talenya move off to, which was the kitchen and likely a safer place than near Kya at the moment. Iris finds Talenya cooking up a storm and trying to look busy in the kitchens, “You are terrible you know, leaving that mess out there.”

Talenya turns and laughs softly, her musical voice sounding like beautiful chimes in the wind. “I notice you are back here with me instead of straightening it out yourself, Iris.”

“I’ve children at home, I wanted to spend time with friends and family this night,” Iris says gently and unashamed of her actions so far.

“Mmmmmm…they have to grown up sometime, Iris. It’s part of the reason I haven’t stepped in yet myself. If it gets too rough I will but…” Talenya shrugs as she trails off.

“Mmmmm…” is all Iris replies as she picks up a knife and starts cutting up fruits for the pies and tarts Talenya has been busying herself with.

Reply by Varddon E. Goodhaven on September 25, 2012 at 4:06pm Vard watches Iris leave with an almost wanting look but then turns his eyes to Truth and Wicked, in the end he stays for if the twins can stand the force of Kya then he should too. Vard’s eyes go to the fire though instead of watching the couple and he moves not seeming to become one with his chair. He’ll listen carefully and make a tactical retreat if it gets much worse. After all Talenya was suppose to be getting him a refill, so if it took much longer he’d have a reason to go looking himself.

Reply by Truth (Demoní A. Cruz) on September 25, 2012 at 4:16pm Truth’s eyes flick to watch Iris go, a little torn about the fact that their sister seems to want camaraderie and they are only giving her childish antics so far….and the fact that he was betting his twin and any ‘interference’ on Truth’s part now that the wager had been made would be seen as tilting the odds in his favor.

Truth returns his eyes overtly to the couple and hopes this doesn’t take much longer as Iris deserved more this night than being banished to the kitchen because of such foolishness.

Reply by Greyling on October 10, 2012 at 9:07pm Grey mutters to himself, “Well, I have to grow up sometime…” He stalks over to the kitchen and bows his head as he enters. “Ladies, I have intruded unfairly upon a simple social gathering of family and have compounded my error through rude behavior, playfulness, and inattention to detail. I beg your pardon and offer a boon to each of you to gloss over my previous missteps and misbehavior. This is not given lightly, but I think it is offered rightly.” He exits the kitchen before they can respond and walks over to Kya. “Love, may I speak to you for a moment?” He looks into her eyes and pours himself into them waiting for an answer.

Reply by Kya (Jade Black) on October 10, 2012 at 9:28pm Kya blinks and watches as Grey leaves her to talk with the ladies in the kitchen. She wants to strangle him a moment and looks at the other men still in the room with her wanting to pick a fight. Kya makes sure to look twice as hard at Wicked who might like to laugh at this. She herself was clueless about this relationship stuff all the ones before turned out badly and now Kya was with someone that was just as close to immortal as she…what in the nine hells and then some had she gotten herself into.

Kya looks back from Wicked as she’s called and lifts an eyebrow at Grey, who has returned to her. “You are speaking to me now. Or do you now wish private words when you’ve made this so public before?” Kya’s eyes almost flick to where the twins are as to indicate which she’d objected to having been front center for this show as she waits for his reply.

Reply by Greyling on April 1, 2013 at 7:25pm *Blinks confusedly* I truly am sorry, my love. I am as perplexed by the intricacies of steady pairing as much if not more than yourself. I stumble in the dance and do not know the steps to right myself. I know not where to go or what to do, But I would rather stumble in your arms than out. We may continue this in private if you wish, or make our declarations in public. I am willing as you wish.

Reply by Truth (Demoní A. Cruz) on May 6, 2013 at 5:05am Truth looks as though he’s minding his own business and wonders if he may have bet on the wrong side this time. He really did hate to have bet on Kya and even more to hopefully have pulled one over on his twin but he silently acknowledged that this might be the way to get his  brother to do exactly what he wanted. Truth hoped that he was right about the depth of feeling that Kya had for this ‘young’ man as he continues to watch what unfolds without looking at a thing.

Reply by Kya (Jade Black) on May 6, 2013 at 5:14am Kya narrows her eyes and clenches her jaw. Her right hand clenches a moment too as though she might either be getting ready to strike or trying to stop herself from doing so. Finally after a long pause she hisses at Grey, “I am sorely tempted to leave you in the depths of the darkest confines I can think of and put up a grave only to spit upon it right now… … …but if you want to talk and you ask for a private moment ever so politely…now…then I shall acquiesce to your request at this point and time but make one more wrong move and I swear to all that is holy and unholy you WILL regret my moment of kindness.” Then she snaps her mouth shut and waits for Grey to either lead the way or back off.

Reply by Varddon E. Goodhaven on May 6, 2013 at 5:50am Vard decides he’s had enough and gets up and moves into the kitchen in search of his refill, leaving the twins and the mess Wicked had stirred up behind. Vard knew better than to get in Kya’s way right now or on her bad side and staying there would only do  so if Grey backed down now. He found the other ladies and started helping with cooking and would help with cleaning if the drama in the tavern wasn’t finished by the time the cooking was.

Reply by Kya (Jade Black) on May 6, 2013 at 6:17am Kya takes no notice of Vard leaving because Vard was the  least of her worries with the people in room with her right now. Kya had made a stand in a way and was hoping that Grey would continue on this path that he had set for them. It wasn’t about the anger to Kya it was about the tone that Grey would set for the rest of their fights. Would he back down at these or would he in turn ‘fight’ for her and seeing things to whatever they figured out, after the battle, was right? The embarrassment that she had suffered so far wasn’t even on her mind anymore. Wicked would choose to be a dick or not by bringing this up at later times but what happens with Grey was the most important thing at this time.

Reply by Greyling on May 6, 2013 at 12:45pm My most gracious and spirited lady, will you do me the honor of a private word alone where we might better discuss our solutions to the faux pas I have landed us in? I promise an honest duel with quarter only given if asked. This tangled knot must be straightened somewhat before we may see the other side, unless you’d prefer to cut it apart. *Sigh.* My love, please come with me where we may attempt to fix what I have broken.

Reply by Kya (Jade Black) on May 6, 2013 at 1:00pm Kya’s breath releases in a hiss, she hadn’t been aware that she had been holding it but the effect of it may help cover the relief that was flooding her. ~He does care as much for me…it’s been so long since we’ve spent time…I confess I wasn’t so sure anymore…but he fought for me in his own way and right.~ Kya thinks this in less than a split second and she nods to Grey and motions for him to lead the way as she looks at the twins a moment with eyes that burned with an anger she wasn’t sure she truly felt anymore.

Reply by Greyling on May 6, 2013 at 1:17pm *Reaches out a hand to escort her from the room* Well then, my dear, let’s away. *He leads her from the room to the outdoors and stops under a tree.* I don’t know how to begin. Would the injured party like to begin the proceedings?

Reply by Kya (Jade Black) on May 6, 2013 at 1:39pm Kya looks away from the twins as she is lead out of the room but keeps her eyes off of Greyling. She pulls away from Grey once they stop though, because his touch might undo her before all is straightened out. Kya her eyes flick up to his and she says slowly, “You are a forgetful ass tonight and you made a few slight errors that would like piss off any woman…but you have regained a lot of ground by fighting to fix the wrong that has happened even when it seemed it might do you harm. Is that a good starting point or do you wish more?”

Reply by Greyling on May 6, 2013 at 1:49pm *Nods, acknowledging her point.* That is a good start. I would appreciate a summary of my gaffes from this evening so they might be better prevented in the future. I would also note that you appear to have overreacted a few times this evening, unless you would like to contest that?

Reply by Kya (Jade Black) on May 6, 2013 at 3:23pm Kya lifts an eyebrow but keeps her temper in check now that they are alone. “I have no real prior comparisons Greyling. I fell for mortals before you that either died quickly due to wars and plague or I was told it could not be by deities or Death itself. I don’t ask for much but I dote on you with what little time that I get to spend with you I try to commit to memory every word you speak and every kindness and affection that you show me. I give it back, I hope at least as much if not tenfold. Tonight I felt as though you either noticed me and ignored my words or you noticed me not which is just as bad. You then went and said your sorry-s to Talenya and Iris after having made a fool of me in front of my ‘brothers’. One of which will likely never let me live it down. Wicked isn’t bad but he doesn’t let much go or play nice with others feelings. So, if I have over reacted I know not how to act otherwise and if you want to continue to be with me then from time to time you are going to see thusly these very actions again I’m sure. If you would rather part now on happier terms that might also be arranged if you cannot find it in your heart to love me as flawed as I am but let me know now as I’ve already thought to have lost you once and do not wish to repeat it even slower than before.” Kya looks away from Grey not wanting to watch him as the last words leave her lips, she didn’t want to give Grey up but she’d be damned if she’d be stuck or stick someone in a relationship that neither could be themselves or happy.

Reply by Truth (Demoní A. Cruz) on May 6, 2013 at 3:30pm Truth looks at his twin after Kya leaves with Grey and thinks to him, ~Well, Wicked do we find a way to spy upon the lovers to make sure who wins or do we look for marks after and sit content to do something else for the time being?~ Truth is curious as to how his twin might deal with this part of their wager but also to distract himself from the fact that everyone was away from them. It always seemed to turn out thus but lately it had started to bother Truth more than he’d like to say maybe he had been spending too much time with a certain female ward too much.

Reply by Greyling on May 6, 2013 at 3:36pm *Blinks owlishly a moment before responding.* My love, I had no idea my momentary distraction would be taken thus. I certainly do not have insurmountable issues with your actions this evening, I simply thought to make you aware. It is you I love, flaws and all, and I’ll keep you till the stars burn out, if you’ll let me. My flaws, too, are plain and unvarnished. I give myself to you freely with flaws and all, and should you give me back, I will keep to myself. I am at some times an addle-pated fool, and I neglect things I should not, but I do love you. All I want is your happiness and your love, but if one comes without the other, I’ll choose your happiness. As for your brothers, perhaps I can smooth that road. We shall plan between us and see, hmm?

Reply by Kya (Jade Black) on May 6, 2013 at 4:23pm Kya swings her eyes back to lock with Grey as soon as he gets his third sentence checking his face for the truth of his words, Grey’s kin was always a little hard to read. In the end after his words and a long study of him Kya answers softly, “I do want to have you and I don’t see ever leaving you so long as we work through our silliness like this. As for my brothers they may cause me trouble but I’ll give them just as much hell as things come about.”

Reply by Greyling on May 20, 2013 at 2:24am “Well, then, shall we rejoin your friends? I promise to be on my best behavior. Better than thus far at least. We may yet still salvage the evening.” He looks expectantly at her face, waiting to see her decision.

Viewing 113 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© RolePages / PebbleArt Inc. 2009 - 2019

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to toolbar