This golden bladed Glorious Undead Bane Katana shines like the first rays of the morning sun. Whenever a wielder of a Blade of the Rising Sun strikes a target, that target is surrounded by a halo of golden sunlight equivalent to Faerie Fire for 60 seconds. An undead creature surrounded by this effect burns as if on fire.
The wielder of a Blade of the Rising Sun may make a sacrificial strike, impaling themselves with the blade. A sacrificial strike converts the wielder’s body and spirit into raw energy, equivalent to a Sunburst. Allies of the wielder within the Sunburst are not harmed, and the wielder may choose to affect all allies within the Sunburst as Mass Cure Wounds, or all allies within 10 feet as Breath of Life.
A sacrificial strike destroys the wielder’s body, but the wielder will be reincarnated 24 hours after performing a sacrificial strike in a random safe location within 1 mile. The wielder’s gear is left behind unharmed after the sacrificial strike; however, the Blade of the Rising Sun will be destroyed.
- Glorious: A glorious weapon glows with a dazzling light in a 60 foot radius, increasing the light level in the area by one step (darkness becomes dim light, dim light becomes normal light, and normal light becomes bright light). The wielder cannot suppress this light, but it can be temporarily suppressed by conventional means (such as if sheathed). A glorious weapon flashes with light, and any creature the wielder attacks is assaulted by light, reducing sight due to over-stimulation of the eyes. A target that is pierced by a glorious weapon is blinded for 60 seconds.
- Undead Bane: Undead bane weapons fills your undead enemies with fear and doubt, reducing their ability to attack and defend themselves due to the constant desire to remove themselves from the presence of the undead bane weapon.
- Faerie Fire: A pale glow surrounds and outlines the subjects. Outlined subjects shed light as candles, practically eliminating a creature’s ability to hide. The light will remain even if the creature effected is invisible. Faerie Fire does not cause any harm to creatures.
- Sunburst: Sunburst causes a globe of searing radiance to explode silently from a point you select. All creatures in the globe are blinded and take damage as if in an explosion. A creature to which sunlight is harmful or unnatural takes double damage. A successful reflex save (such as diving behind cover or shielding eyes) negates the blindness. Undead creatures are generally destroyed.
- Mass Cure Wounds: All targets of a Mass Cure Wounds will be healed of all nonfatal wounds within 60 seconds.
- Breath of Life: All targets of a Breath of Life will be healed of all wounds no matter how fatal. Breath of Life can bring recently deceased creatures back to life.