Post a Story

Mission: Attack on The Droid Factory – Part 2 of 5

1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (2 votes, average: 5.00 out of 5)
Loading...

Kara Zor-El (DM)
A tough spot for sure. At this point Kara realized that maybe having being guided here was a mistake. The less people that knew about this operation the better. A loose end. No, she wasn’t suggesting killing Miraj since that isn’t her style. But she had to think of something. Too many knowing could compromise the entire thing. Kara looked to the Stormtroopers and Helveraccoon for a moment. No movements had been made thus far. ”Or maybe they’re just enjoying the view?” Kara offered with a shrug as she looked back to Miraj.

Lady Fett
Tell me truth, *Her russian accent touching each sound of her spoken words. *Miraj would look at Kara, her tone seroius and unmatching to her kind eyes, and gentle smile.* Are you working with those bucket heads and Sith Scum? I would hate to end our tour on just a short notice and we just only met. It be a true shame if you were caught in with the wrong side. Peacful as Naboo is, it holds sercets that has brought more than just a strict curfew.

Helveraccoon
“Sir, what’s the matter? Why aren’t we firing? They can clearly see us!” Helveraccoon turned his head to look at the trooper who had just spoken, his armour bearing the yellow markings of an assault trooper. When he didn’t waver under the helmet’s baleful glare, the raccoon deigned to answer. “One of them is with us. And unless otherwise ordered, you do. Not. Shoot. We’re doing things my way now. Understand?” The assault trooper nodded, shifting his blaster carbine back into standby. Helveraccoon turned his gaze back to his crewmate, that armor betraying no emotion. Come on, Kara, he thought. You can do this.

Kara Zor-El (DM)
Hearing the smaller conversation then, she knew she had to come up with something. As close to the truth as possible. ”Whatever it looks like it, it’s not as clear cut as it seems to be.” Kara told Miraj. She wanted the truth and Kara could tell her. To a degree. ”I know the raccon. He’s a friend.” The latter word may have been used loosely? Or maybe she meant that? Considering how kind she is, it might just be an honest explanation. ”We’re here for the sake of Naboo and countless of innocents.” That was vague:ish. ”There’s something we need to do. And these troopers are willing to do so.” Helping. With the droid factory.

Lady Fett
Sith, bucket heads, and droids? My, this is starting to sound like the Clone Wars. Only thing we are missing is a Jedi and a padawan. The night is still young, if you will excus me, I need to make a phone call, need to tell a friend I be out late. **Kindly tapping the back of Kara’s shoulder as if ressuring her she meant no harm, Miraji would walk far enough for a normal human not to hear. However, when she tap Kara’s shoulder, something fell out of her sleeve. Nonetheless, Mirja has her back towards Kara and the small army behind her, tapping codes on her commcation armband. Was it a code? Or was the com link on her armband messed up?**

Helveraccoon
Nothing was happening, it seemed. Fine then – they’d make the first move. Motioning to his stormtroopers, Helveraccoon started towards Kara and Miraj, the soldiers following suit. “Remember – even if things are looking dicey, don’t shoot until I give the order.” You better figure something out quick, Kara, the raccoon thought. I won’t give the order unless necessary, but I won’t compromise this mission either…

Kara Zor-El (DM)
 Fortunately for her, she’s not a human. A Kryptonian – which means Super Hearing among other things. Not only that but Miraj dropped something as well. She understood the words from raccoon and they had to do something. Running or knocking her out. Those were the options. Choices. Always the choices. ”Yeah, we gotta move.” Kara muttered under her breath as she picked up whatever Miraj dropped, making her way over to the female. ”Hey, you dropped this.” And should Miraj turn around, Kara’s right-hand fist was sent to her face. Enough to knock her out, should it hit. Hopefully it did and it would give them time to resume the mission.

Lady Fett
*The second Mirja heard Kara voice, her footsteps approching she doges left and turn her body sidways. Like a crack of a whip she was in her fighting style, hands raised her face in a slight snarl.* How dare you raise a hand againest me! Even Sith scum should show respect! So sad, I thought we were becoming friends. If you wanted me to leave, all you have to do was to ask. **There was more than meets the eye for this female Zygerrian, noble tone always present even when she snarled at Kara.* Be their puppet, I will cut my strings soon enough. We can fight or you can let me go, perhaps we you make it up to me by having brunch tommrow? Hm?

As for that, *looking at the small metal marble that Kara had picked up.* Keep it, perhaps it will bring you more luck than it has me.

Helveraccoon
“Scum indeed!” called Helveraccoon. He and his troopers stood only half a dozen yards away, more than enough for his amplified, deep voice to boom through his helmet’s modulator. “This is no time for playing, children. Kara, either kiss and make up with this crazy pointy-eared chick or knock her out. We’ve got a job to do.” His paw snapped forward, and suddenly thirty-six guns were trained on the women.

Kara Zor-El (DM)
 Already were they somewhat compromised. Yet the female that she missed with her punch had said she had but to ask for her to leave. So perhaps she should put that to the test. The marble was something she wasn’t sure what it was. Here was hoping it wasn’t anything bad. For now, she would keep it. The voice from Helveraccoon was heard. Loud and clear, despite the helmet. ”Just go.” Kara told Miraj. They were already losing precious time. ”Or I will knock you out.” She had not used her Super Speed in her previous attempt. Fighting would be one-sided, even if Kara held back. Noding towards Helveraccoon. ”And we’re losing time.” The choice was now Miraj’s to make.

Lady Fett
To bad we didn’t get to talk much, I was starting to really like you. As for taking me down? Ha, I would like to see you try. I see your in bit of a hurry so we can chat latter? See you around amd say hi to your pals for me. *With a carefree wave towards them all, she regains her casual posture yet carries her head held high as she mounts her hover bike.* Kara, whatever you are doing pelase be carful for your sake and the sake of others, there are good people here. I wonder saying such things to a Sith is worth it, surely didn’t do my mother nor my homeland any good. *There rang tru honestly through her words, clinging to the air before she speeds off until she was unseen.*

Helveraccoon

Oh, no. Make up or knock out. Letting her get away was /not/ an option. “Fuck!” Helveraccoon swore, spinning and roaring at his six Stormsnipers: “Shoot her speeder! Or her! I don’t care, just stop her!” The troopers got into position as fast as they could, but to no avail: she was already out of sight. His jaw twitching in annoyance, Helveraccoon shook his head. “Ugh… no matter. Come on, Kara; let me see if I can lead us back to the droid factory.”

Kara Zor-El (DM)
 Perhaps not the best option. But right now they were hard pressed and had to get the mission going. What done was done. This wouldn’t be an easy one either way. They knew this from the get-go. Letting her go may earn them a favor. One never knows. ”Let’s see if we can find it.” Kara nodded and would follow Helveraccoon to where he was going. He was the one being able to sense it, so it was all down to him.

Helveraccoon
“Okay. I’m going to enter a bit of a trance, so try not to disturb me for the next-” He paused and sniffed the air. “-minute or so. Okay?”

Kara Zor-El (DM)
 ”Trance?” A questioning look was sent Helveraccoon’s way. ”Hookay. I’ll just shush and be on the lookout.” Sounded like a plan. It /is/ a plan, Kara. ”You go do your… trance-thingy.”

Helveraccoon
Without waiting for an answer, he sat down cross-legged, tail floofing out behind him, and shut his eyes. Though none could see it behind his helmet, the look on his face was one of intense concentration. His mind was tracing electrical currents, trying to discern a focus of autonomous function – the droid factory. This mind-probe darted about like a serpent, finding traces: individual droids, yes, but where was the epicenter? While the technomancer was at work, one of the stormtroopers, distinguishable as a shock trooper by his orange pauldron and chaingun, stared at Kara sideways. He seemed to be wanting to say something, but hesitating.

Lady Fett
*Miraj about didn’t stop. Once she was miles awayMiraj slows her speeder to crawl until it sat idlely in the streets. Cheecking over her shoulder, she gets off her speeder and coast it by pushing it on the handle bars, stowing it and herself in a nearby ally. Reaching into her back pocket she takes out to what one may assume was scanner, a metal pad with a large green screen on it, with longitude and latitude markings.* Now the real show begins, perhaps after all this, my deal will appeal more to the soon to be senator.

Kara Zor-El (DM)
The stare was noted. It was as if said trooper wished to say something. Yet he remained silent. Which was for the better, due to what Helveraccoon had mentioned mere moments prior. Had to remain silent so that he could concentrate and focus. Kara folded her arms and gave the trooper a look. One that didn’t say much. Other than, perhaps, indicating she could tell he wished to say something. They were enemies, so it could be that. This mission was just a temporary, floating alliance at best. Did she trust them? Not at all. And they surely didn’t trust her, either.

Dr. Alexandra Kirk (DM)
Meanwhile onboard the cloaked Star Destroyer where Jim was using Force Blank and Alex was using Force Stealth, they were running a scan of the marble that Miraj dropped. Commander Hobbie and Alex were both on said task, trying to get a read on what it was and what the purpose was. Would said scan yield any results at all?

Helveraccoon
“Excuse me…” he said, as quietly as he could without Helveraccoon hearing him. Of course, the raccoon heard anyway – in spite of his focus, his ears were more than capable of picking up whatever was happening around him. “I don’t mean to be rude, but… see, before I came here, I was with a squad on Corulag, and… there was a poster-” Found it! Before the shock trooper could make it any further, Helveraccoon sprang to his paws and indicated a body of water many miles away, barely visible across the fields. “Okay, got it! That’s where we’re bound.”

Kara Zor-El (DM)
 Same for Kara. One could whisper and she would be able to hear it clear as day. So the words reached her sensitive ears once the trooper spoke. A post on Corulag. Even if she wasn’t meant to speak, she was tempted to ask what the poster was. Either Jim, Alex or both. Not her. Right? Well… Thrawn wanted her and Alex dead, so there were bound to be posters of her as well. ”Of wh—” She was interrupted by Helveraccoon and his find. Good job! She smiled quickly and nodded in approval towards Helveraccoon. ”Thanks. Let’s get there.” And they were most likely already walking there. Yet what the shock trooper had been about to mention was on her mind still.

Helveraccoon
Walking like this would take an inconvenient amount of time, the raccoon thought. Of course, he and Kara could easily outspeed these others… but then, he would have brought them for no reason. Two of the five stormtrooper squads had brought speeders, but that wouldn’t be enough to bring all of them. “Any way we can speed this up, Kara?”

Kara Zor-El (DM)
That was true. She wasn’t sure /how/ the raccoon could get there any faster but she was sure he /could/. Hence his question, most likely. Kara could get there real quick as well. Would they need these many troopers? Only time would tell. ”I say those with speeders should use them. And we get there real fast.” Super Speed and flying in her case. Or just Super Speed. ”The others can catch up.” Something told her they had more obstacles in their way as it was anyway. Without further a do, she set off into the sky and sped off to where Helveraccoon had directed previously.

Lady Fett
*The scan most likely only yeild surface of the marble of which Kara was now holding or however she would have placed it with her. Kadavo minning meterial would easliy be noted but, singels or anything relating to such matter was far too weak to tell. Miraj however, was about to conntact Sora. The air was cool in the streets with the fresh and crip touch of Naboo’s waters, and the darkness settling ever more so as the cool nights creeps on. Her body acts on its own and shudders at the sharp nip of a passing breeze.* Sora, I fear I have grave news, as if having a Sith here wasn’t bad enough, he has an army. No doudt they were planning your own early grave. **Meanwhile Lady Fett was standing nearby Alex.** What’s going on? You know, I can smuggle that stuff myself within a days time, as long its not over…*counting in her head.* 1,000 be pushing it but I would risk it.

Helveraccoon
“So be it. You who brought speeders, off you pop: grab those and hit the shore as soon as you can. Jump troopers, with me; the rest of you’ll have to catch up. Be quick!” He made sure he was understood before levitating into the air and blasting off after Kara, twelve jump troopers close behind and the rest of his soldiers rushing to their speeders. “Full throttle – she’s fast!” Damn… these jetpacks were really not up to scratch. If only he could outfit these men with Astartes jump packs… oh, well. That could be dealt with later. For now, the raccoon and his twelve flew in pursuit of Kara, racing towards the water’s edge.

Dr. Alexandra Kirk (DM)
Alex looked to Fett as she mentioned that. ”So why are you here?” She asked, most curious as to why this had not been mentioned earlier. ”You’re basically saying you could have been of help down there.” There was still time to let her get down there, should there be a need for it. So it wasn’t a big deal there.

Kara Zor-El (DM)
Indeed. Fast enough to keep up with The Flash. But only for a couple of seconds. Rumor has it she’s even faster than her cousin, Kal-El. But who truly knows? Rest assured, she was fast. Distance was closing in and Kara was getting closer and closer to the intended spot that had been located by the raccoon previously. Here was hoping atleast /one/ part of the mission would go smoothly. Just for once.

Helveraccoon
Flying along behind Kara as he was, the raccoon noticed what she might not have – a spider droid popping out of the ground and leveling its plasma cannon at her. Oh, dear – he knew regular weapons couldn’t pierce her skin, but plasma was a bit less conventional. Hoping the augmented volume of his helmet would be enough to reach her, he yelled, “Kara! Watch out below!” as that deadly cannon fired a jet of plasma into the sky with deadly accuracy. Unless she could react fast enough to alter her course, Kara would run straight into the jet!

Kara Zor-El (DM)
Plasma would indeed be able to hurt her. Kill her? Who truly knows. But it would definitely hurt. So when Helveraccoon yelled, her eyes quickly went to the spider droid that was shooting at her. She may have evaded the two first shots or so but the rest hit her. The accurace of said droid was definitely on point. Said shots resulted in a crash landing, with Supergirl rolling and tossing as she did so. Which partially eased the burning pain somewhat. So much for a nice landing. ”What a warm welcome…” Kara said under her breath as she slowly stood up on her own two. The plasma was definitely burning but would heal over time. Especially since the sun was still up in the sky. That sped up the healing process.

Lady Fett
I could but, there is a catch, I need one on one time with Vance Dane. **Walking away she catches an apple that Scout had plucked from the Recreation room or maybe the kitchen? Either way, Fett takes a bite of it without a seconnd thought.** So, what time is it down there?

Dr. Alexandra Kirk (DM)
Something she had said no to before and still held onto. Perhaps in the future. Maybe. Just maybe. As for the time, she looked over the screens. ”Afternoon. The sun should still be up for a while longer.” She looked to Fett. ”Why?”

Helveraccoon
With a snarl, Helveraccoon dove for the droid. They began to open fire, but there was no need: a wave of Force energy was sent earthward, hammering into the droid and crushing it against the ground, sending parts flying in all directions. What little life was left in it was quickly blasted away by the troopers… but it didn’t matter. One droid was as good as any; the enemy knew they were here. Removing his helmet, Helveraccoon looked out across the muddy beach before them and the water just beyond. Below them, according to his senses, lay the entrance to the droid factory… and a legion of violent extremists, armed, ready and backed up with droids, equipped with weapons just like that last one. “We have to hurry. The element of surprise is gone,” the raccoon hissed. Somehow, he didn’t sound that put out… and were his eyes glowing orange?

Lady Fett
I haven’t been on land for weeks now, just wondering what time it was. Anyways, how is the group going? Made any new friends?

Kara Zor-El (DM)
The droid was handled by the others. It took more than that to keep the Girl of Steel down. But it isn’t Supergirl without her taking hits. She dusted herself off with the words from Helveraccoon. He had found the entrance. The question was – how would they get in? Swimming? Could be done. Just had to be really sure this was it. The enemy knew they were here. ”Nice work.” Towards those that had helped. Time was of the essence now. ”Soo… how do we get there?” Kara asked.

Dr. Alexandra Kirk (DM)
”Alright.” Alex responded initially. Well it was afternoon, so the answer had been given then. As for the rest, she nodded once. ”The crew is going good. Strong as ever.” Crew is family. Had they made new friends? There was Freya. But that was it in terms of new friends. ”Freya the witch is the most recent friend we’ve made.”

Helveraccoon
“Aha.” This part, Helveraccoon had in fact planned for. Kind of. “These spider droids are also capable of /burrowing/. I was hoping for one to pop out like this… but where one comes, another follows. Here’s the plan: I’m going to magitech this single droid back together, and repurpose it to obey your commands. In the meantime, you and my troopers cover me. Sound good?” Even as he spoke, the tops of metal spheres were poking out of the beach: more spider droids were coming. Many more.

 

Lady Fett
I meant, friends on Naboo? Not the friendly kind of friend, the kinf of friend only a bounty hunter knows, enemies, targets, or contracts and not in any certain order. When smuggler, you got to know your people, better yet make connnections but, always, ALWAYS have a back-up plan if things go south, then another back-up in case they predicted your prevoius back-up. You get it?

Kara Zor-El (DM)
Those incoming spiders were heard. Loud and clear. Kara looked around them for a moment. ”Right. That’s a brilliant idea.” Better than any other option presented. His magitech on the droid to obey her commands. ”I’ll cover you.” Looking around some more, using her X-Ray Vision on the ground to get a better sense of where they were at. The sounds indicated there were many of them. Time to shine.

Dr. Alexandra Kirk (DM)
”I always have a plan upon a plan upon a plan.” That was Alex’s way of doing it. Jim had that type of mindset as well. Which means they’re a very dangerous and unpredictable duo. ”We have no friends on Naboo.” Alex stated. Sora and them didn’t see eye to eye. And they had tried more than once to see reason. The hard truth was – Alex was /only/ doing this for the sake of the droids, not the people of Naboo. But she wasn’t saying that out loud.

Helveraccoon
While his jump troopers took up various stances around him – some airborne, some on the ground around him, Helveraccon knelt next to the broken droid’s central sphere and, pressing his paw to it, began to coax it back to life. Its shattered pieces came sifting out of the mud to reassemble themselves as the droid’s disrupted circuits hummed quietly. And all the while, other, battle-ready droids sprung from the beach, plasma cannons ready. These cannons fired jets at intervals of about two seconds – slow intervals, but the jets were fast, and each shot was deadly, even to an armored clone. Kara could probably withstand quite a bit more, but enough blasts of this would wear even her down. And blast the droids did.

Kara Zor-El (DM)
Kara set off into the sky as more droids appeared. The jump troopers offered aerial support as well. Kara was using her Super Speed to circle an soar around the now visible spider droids, using her Heat Vision on them in an attempt to melt their metal. If that should fail, it was pretty much a hit-and-fly tactic. One punch here, one punch there. All while using Super Speed and flight to dodge plasma shots. The punches themselves would be enough to break the droids. Compared to her, they would be fragile.

Lady Fett
Of course you do smart lass, I know you do but what about your friends? Remeber, there is Ex-Sith Academy students down there, Sara Green? If has finally grew a back bone, I can not help to wonder what else she may have up her sleeve. Also, haven’t you wondered why we haven’t heard any alarms yet? Perhaps the two have avoided all the guards on partol? Since its only afternoon, the curfew guards won’t be out until nightfall. The clock is ticking…

Helveraccoon
Kara’s Heat Vision certainly was effective – once the droids’ metal shells were melted, their delicate circuitry would either be fried by her attack or pummeled by the troopers. Having discovered this tactic, several jump troopers took off alongside her, firing their guns in tandem with her beams. Her fists, strong as she was, easily punched through the droids, with most hits crippling or outright disabling the struck droid. Despite their expensive and deadly weaponry, the metal they themselves were made of seemed unusually cheap. Trouble was, they just kept on coming… and coming, and coming. One of the troopers around Helveraccoon fell with an anguished cry, his torso burned clean through by a well-aimed plasma jet. If anything, it only provoked his comrades to move faster and shoot more accurately.

Kara Zor-El (DM)
Her attacks appeared useful and effective, along with the hit-and-fly tactic. Even the troopers seemed to follow suit, which was good. Teamwork was always important, even if they weren’t on the same side in the grand scheme of things. One trooper was killed. Not necessarily because the droids were durable – but because they were many. They were clearly outnumered here. Kara would keep on doing what she was doing, hit one droid at a time. Some might think it slow but considering how fast she is, it truly was rather quick and effective. But they were definitely many here.

Dr. Alexandra Kirk (DM)
Sara Green didn’t seem to see eye to eye either. ”Neither of them see things the way we do.” So they were, in a sense, on different sides of the fence. While they should stand united. One couldn’t win them all, however. They were there for the droids. That was it. ”Kara and Helveraccoon will be at the factory by the time the guards come out.” And if they were fast enough, they would be out before then too.

Lady Fett
*Vance been waiting for the perfect moment to…* Hey guard, do you know anything about the lady who walks around here? Dark hair, noble warrior type kind of ego? Hm? If she’s around mind to tell her I am ready to talk? **Talking was about all he did beside doing his regauler excerises and intense pacing. He could sense a slight distrubence in the Force, a battle was raging on which could only mean one thing.* Kirk’s crew gotten into some more trouble eh? Can’t be left out now can I?

Helveraccoon
Half-tempted to forgo delicacy in favour of simply jamming the wires together, Helveraccoon grit his teeth and focused. This mayhem was making things difficult – not to mention the dying gasp of one of his men. But at last, the last leg was snapped on, the cannon primed, the main body fused shut and the drill on its stomach ready to rip. Leaping back, nimbly dodging around a couple blasts of plasma, the raccoon yelled to Kara: “All yours! Have him dig straight down!”

Diana Prince
There were about four guards or so in said room. Mandalorians, no less. Ones with different colors and markings. The Mandalorian allies Kirk and Crew had made were from different clans, having united under one banner. This ship in question had Amazon and Mandalorian guards/warriors. Diana Prince was on said Star Destroyer currently. At times she was, other times not. Today she was. So one of the guards nodded slowly. ”She is here.” They didn’t seem to bother commenting on the other words used to describe the Amazon Princess. One of them would go get her.

Kara Zor-El (DM)
Kara heard his yelling voice and punched one of the spider droids into submission! Or rather – a pile of scrap metal. All while trying to dodge the plasma shots flying all over the place. Some hit and each hit burned and itched. The burn wasn’t the worst, since she was able to withstand extreme heat. But the itch was definitely annoying. ”I got it!” Kara flew towards the droid and put in the commands manually if that had to be done. ”Dig straight down, droid!” That should do the trick.

Lady Fett
Good, all this anger is starting to eat me up inside. You know what they say, its best to let-it-go. Question is, which heart strings should I break first? *The second the words left his lips he narrow his brow into a V shape, and held his hand in front of him. Holding his hands with palms facing up and fingers held intensly as gripping something insvisble when in reality, he was using a talent he learn with the dark side of the Force. Gripping the three hearts with just enough presusre to cause majoir discomfort, it would three out of four were having a heart attack. Vance specail skill, the skill that got him onto the Academy, top rank acoylte, and defeat the mysteroius Aspen. Would the remaning guard untouched know it was him causing his/her comrades to suddenly have intense chest pains? Chest pains such as one pulling and gripping their hearts as if they were in his hands.*

Helveraccoon
And down he went, popping straight down into the mud as soon as Kara had finished speaking. It seemed that Helveraccoon may have upgraded its information processing system, too. More importantly, it left behind a tunnel into the depths of the beach – and, according to the raccoon, into the droid factory. Ordering his soldiers into the tunnel, Helveraccoon remained outside, leaping about with agility that belied his heavy-looking armor laying droids to waste with his lightsaber until all his men were safely inside. He motioned to Kara, saber whirling. “In you go, Cap’n – I’ll be fine! Once you’re inside, fulfill Mrs. Kirk’s mission orders, and remember: these are not people we can reason with. Don’t hold back.” With a yowl, he launched himself at the droids, slashing anything nearby to glowing pieces to cover his comrades’ exit.

Diana Prince
Diana had been somewhat close by, so it didn’t take long for her to step inside, seeing the display. What seemed to be a heart attack – on three people at the same time. There was no doubt in her mind. She glared towards the prisoner and sent a Force Push his way. Unless otherwise blocked, it would send him into a nearby wall. ”You said you were willing to talk.” Hopefully that would disrupt whatever it was he was doing. ”Then talk and stop making matters worse for you.” There was nothing saying he had to be kept alive.

Kara Zor-El (DM)
The troopers went first, just after the droid dug a hole to what would eventually lead to the droid factory that they were after. The spider droids didn’t seem to stop. Which of course left them with the choice Helveraccoon made – someone had to distract them and also take them out. The mission had to go on no matter what. Yet they always made a promise before each mission – *We leave no one behind.*. But it would have to be done here. Atleast temporarily. A sharp nod was given to Helveraccoon. ”We’ll meet up with you soon.” That was a promise. Alex would be informed once they had landed in the factory. With one last look at the madness and chaos around them, Kara jumped down the tunnel, following the troopers. No reasoning with them. That was something they had all agreed upon.

116 Views
© RolePages / PebbleArt Inc. 2020

Log in with your credentials

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to toolbar