Post a Story

The Rescue of Echo – Gaia Rising – Part 2

1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (No Ratings Yet)
Loading...

In this installment, the Heroes finally pass through the bowels and lungs of the enormous corpse that makes up the Sixth Layer of the Hells to reach her  black, lifeless heart. There they are confronted with overwhelming sorrow and despair. however through light words, jokes, songs, and false bravado they manage to push on, pressing into the heart itself which led them directly into the Abyss.

The Heroes then settled into the special boat commissioned by Hades and crafted by Auun’Or Serpentine to make this voyage. As they cross the sea, the tortured spirits of the water pass through the Heroes bodies, showing them the tortures that they have endured for eons here in the Hell’s.

Finally, battered, broken, and tortured by visions, the boat slams into the rocky shore of the island where Echo is being held captive.

Narrator
You are in another chamber, this one larger than the last, built of giant white rib like structures covered in rotting tanned flesh.
Titus Silverhide
-bursts right through the sticky sheet with a snarl, swiping with his claw out of instinct-
Aly (12)
*claws at the ground to help try to keep up*
Narrator
At the center of the chamber, there is an enormous, lifeless black heart.
Dimitri Sagesson
<Then is in another place>
Aaun’or Serpentine
~He was up on all fours now, in a low crouch, much like that of a spider, though now he was easily keeping up with Daloki and the others. Hitting the shield thing, Aaun almost did a full flip, but he managed to run on his hands for a moment, then back to his feet.~
Raelin Wolvarian Aero
::tears it off of her and scowls:: found it
Dimitri Sagesson
<He glanced towards the heart, slowly trailing towards it>
Narrator
Standing here… you begin to feel a sense of sorrow… of loss….
Luna White
Whoa did not see that coming….are we there yet..
Titus Silverhide
-his eye trains on the heart and he grunts- This is it/
Titus Silverhide
?
Daloki
<starts pulling off sticky stuff… a lump rising in her throat>
Narrator
The air feels somber… and you begin to think thoughts unbidden… thoughts of the great perished woman whose body you have invaded….
No one
`passes through the sheet of …. mucus? … and takes in the new sights, as soon as he peels the nasty layer off himself. bits of it stick to his fur maddeningly and he runs his claws through the caked bits with a dark expression on his muzzle`
Titus Silverhide
-Then the wave of sorrow washes over him, of loss… His clan, his people, the universe lost…-
Dimitri Sagesson
<He stopped with the feeling that seemed to hit him almost immediately.>
Aly (12)
*wipes at the sticky material, not stopping to investigate it*
Narrator
You begin to hear beating… though the heart is still.
Narrator
It is a mournful sound.
Narrator
A sound of things lost to this world.
Nina Noir
-she pouted as the ringing melody started racing in her mind again, then the sense of loss and sorrow, her eyes settled on the heart, and her hands moved to clean off the translucent material that sticked uncomfortably over face and skin-
Dimitri Sagesson
What is that? <He asked>
Raelin Wolvarian Aero
::glances around, swallowing a few times, clenching her fists.. refusing to burst into tears::
Titus Silverhide
-he grunts loudly again-
Aly (12)
*she looks up at the heart, hesitating as she glances back at the others*
Luna White
A heart I believe..
Aaun’or Serpentine
~Sad to say, his emotions matched Titus, his entire people enslaved, or murdered for their hide…. The entire reason he came here… What he had been running from for near fifty years…~
Nina Noir
-out of empathy tears starting falling from glassy eyes that watery blurred her sight, she sniffled a couple of times blowing boogers on her sleeve-
Daloki
<swallows> What did she do… to be tortured like this? Was she … <Dal kneels and puts her arms tight around Cupcake>
Dimitri Sagesson
<Dimitri kept stepping forward then, creeping closer and closer towards the heart, his shadows creeping out towards it>
Cupcake Slayter
*Cupcake immediately starts to sniffle, latching onto his mothers leg.*
Nina Noir
-in that big chamber she paced nearer to the black heart that looked steady but still hearbeats could be heard-
Raelin Wolvarian Aero
she lived, daloki.
Luna White
*She takes her goggles off and wipes her eyes*
Narrator
Hope begins to fade… as you settle into despair… feeling the surly bonds of death itself begin to stretch around you… feeling your own will to fight fading in the darkness….
Titus Silverhide
-Again, he simply grunts-
Earane Saralonde
*From the back of the group a pull of energy can be felt, although no noise can be heard. Through this portal steps the small form of Earane, her feet quickly moving to push her body forward.*
Aga’zisk
<Aga just stands there his cracked tail whiplashing back and forward slightly, slowing with every sway.>
No one
`motions painstakingly with his claws, fighting at the downtrodden feeling, his strong Garou sense of will urging him on: Which way do we go now? We need to keep moving`
Luna White
left the chat room
Argharna Silverhide
-Blinks, staring up at the heart with a frown as he looked back down, closing his eyes. The memories of the skinned, bloody furs hanging from the trees of Halgan filling his head, of the young pups being dragged and thrown into cages while the warriors were skinned alive.-
Titus Silverhide
-grunts loudly in agreement with Aiden-
Daloki
<but one of the things Dal has lost is Echo… > Echo… ECHO. Rae, we have to keep moving!
Dimitri Sagesson
<Then, once again, he was stopping in his tracks, the painstaking feel of loss and death coming over him. He doesn’t know what to think, so he simply stares towards the heart>
Narrator
Whispers of sorrow… whispers of despair… pain and darkness fill the air….
Aly (12)
*she doesnt move, just staring at the black heart, wondering*
Aaun’or Serpentine
~ Gasp! He rhymed, and it was bad arse!~
Raelin Wolvarian Aero
::sways closer to aiden, clutching the fur near his ribs to keep a hold of herself:: we.. we have to keep going straight. ::biting her lip until it bleeds, then pushing one foot in front of hte other..forcing herself to move towards the heart::
Daloki
<yet she does not move, she holds Cupcake trying to comfort him when there is no comfort>
Aga’zisk
<Follows after Rae one foot at a time.>
Cupcake Slayter
*Cupcake clutches Daloki tightly, beginning to sob lightly onto her shoulder.*
Dimitri Sagesson
<He forced himself to move then, through the sorrow that was filling his chest. One foot after the other>
Narrator
You feel the energy sapped from you, your wounds throbbing worse than ever, your hearts and spirits dampened, your will to move forward draining slowly from you
Earane Saralonde
*Being surround with such intense feelings of unsettlement pause Earane right in her steps. Her red beaming eyes dart around while she tries to self sooth, the vines wrapped around her body tightening in order to comfort.*
Titus Silverhide
-Dal’s mention of the lady Echo ignites his inner fire and he pushes forward with a determined snarl, teeth gritted..His wounds explode with pain-
Aaun’or Serpentine
~AAun near drug himself, and now works his best to become apathetic, but…~
Nina Noir
-sparks tiny sparks menacing to stinguish but yet not all of it, it remained there still somewhere deep, lively notions that refused to perish, not all hopes are lost if there’s breath still, she breath in a large gasp and her eyes trailed through the space, whispers creep in and some other crept out- we are still alive -she moved lower but she moved straigh to it yet-
Daloki
Must keep moving, Cupcake… come on… I can do it… <it’s as if his weight has tripled, but she lifts him, and moves one leaden foot after the other toward the black heart>
No one
`walks forward, keeping his arm around his mate and keeping her tucked against his side, trudging ever onward, focusing on the fetid empty air in front of him`
Dimitri Sagesson
<Dimitri slowly slumped with the energy loss, and the wounds of his burning in pain. He moved though, moving with whatever was left with him. He was moving towards the heart, one foot, then the other>
Aly (12)
*she felt as if she could not move but seeing the others walk forward, she followed her mind returning to the past as she does*
Nina Noir
-with aches and soring wounds, with a stirring heart and wrecking emotions every step yet difficult made along-
Daloki
<her wounds have stopped bleeding, but they still hurt. Cupcake, with his gift of healing quickly, is in better shape than most>
Raelin Wolvarian Aero
::it’s like moving towards a black hole, towards your own death.. something she’s used to.. has been through.. closing the space with each step::
No one
`tries to walk strong to give the others the hope and strength they need, so they can see it can be done, but the fight against the invasive emotions is quite a struggle`
Narrator
Every beat of the dead heart is like a death knell in your souls.
Aaun’or Serpentine
~He whispered… And from his left glove a smoke spills… Waving his hand around in a depressed motion, he attempted to give off the auroma of High John’s incent… If he had made it potent enough, then it would inspire happiness, and overcome… The dispair that cause him to move… Like a slug….~
Earane Saralonde
*She could feel her source of energy being drained in such a way that it sent chills through out her body, yet she followed the others; one slow step after the other, each falling foot causeing more harm to herself than good.*
Aaun’or Serpentine
~Though the smoke would more less linger he had never attempted to use it against…. Such a powerful force…~
Cupcake Slayter
*Cupcake’s arms stayed wrapped around Daloki, still crying against her shoulder.* Mommy, I wanna go home!
Dimitri Sagesson
<Each passing moment, he slowed, though continued moving. His head was slumped, his hand held out as if to touch the heart>
Argharna Silverhide
-Reached onto his back, pulling Ogor’s sword as the powers of the rage hide layed inside it. He slowly stood, pushing to the end as he made his way forward, gripping the sword tightly as the story of Ogor started running through his head over and over, to always fight to the end. And so he fought, trying to catch up slowly to Titus and Rae.-
Narrator
Aauns incense fills the air, and any who breathes it in feels a slight spark of hope alight within them.
Titus Silverhide
-Determined, fierce and proud he stumbles forward, his wounds giving him a limp, but he’s picking up speed-
Narrator
But a moment later… the despair washes over you once more…
Raelin Wolvarian Aero
::as soon as the smell hits her.. she moves a lot faster, gaining a lot of ground, so close…::
Narrator
A blanket that cannot be escaped…. a prison of your own depression.
Aly (12)
*she clutched her chest, feeling as if her heart was trying to rip its way out, her walking slowen due to the soreness from her wounds*
Aaun’or Serpentine
~His head pounds, and in a sniffle the incence stops… And… He was almost ready to give up…~
Aaun’or Serpentine
~So ready…~
Nina Noir
-laughter filled the air, her own mad laughter because it was what death provoked her personally, laughter, like a mocking misconception, she dropped and even then she crawled to it grinning, when everything seems to be lost, what’s there to lose anyway-
Dimitri Sagesson
<Each step was a new victory, a victory he awaited.>
Aga’zisk
<Aga feels alone, utterly alone as he looks at his friends.. Rae has her mate, Dal has Cupcake, Titus and Arg brothers of the hide, yet among those he considers friends, he feels as if he has no one, no brothers of the web, no comfort, he comes almost to a grinding stop hardly being able to place one foot infront of the other.>
Narrator
Again… a moment of hope flashing within you all.. this time starngely due to Ninas frantic laughter.
Narrator
But this too fades…. quickly vanishing beneath the waves of darkness
Dimitri Sagesson
<Then Dimitri races foreward with Nina’s laughter, running almost before slowing again> Move foreward! <He grunted with each step>
No one
`the stop and go is worse than a steady stream of depression, and his steps slow to a molasses speed, then almost to a stop. spins and points at Nina, and emits a silent burst of laughter`
Argharna Silverhide
Fight… To the end… Never… Back down… Keep… Moving forward… -He kept mumbling to himself, his rage hide flickering around him as he continued which each slow and heavy step.-
Daloki
<a strong voice comes from Dal’s mouth, with a definite British accent> Stiff upper lip, boys and girls! You can do it! One, two, one, two! <her steps speed up with her own words>
Aly (12)
*she stepped quietly, her eyes were a dark blue now, she winces at the conflicting emotions but trudges behind the others*
Earane Saralonde
*Sudden hits of hope, utter dark glooming crashes that wash over us all. What do we have to live for anyways, are we not all damn’d, such painful thoughts, such painful things provoak such thoughts within Earane as she still attempt to push herself through each energyless step.*
Narrator
Once again a burst of hope.. faint but glowing against the dark, this time inspired by Daloki’s bravado…
Narrator
This lasts a moment longer….. but it too is consumed.
No one
`waves his arms up as if inciting a crowd. pantomimes laughter, since he can’t make noise with his own throat. turns and starts moving forward again deliberately, wagging his tail in an effort to inspire those behind him`
Aaun’or Serpentine
~A tear strolls down his cheek and he tilted his head back. Those around him, would feel that bright aura dimming… He thought of his lost mother and Father…
Aaun’or Serpentine
~
Aga’zisk
<Aga’s steps speed up in that moment but then he slows again, almost to a dead stop this time as the feeling wears on and on.>
Dimitri Sagesson
<Steadily the words of encouragement with each of the others caused him to jerk into a run, blasting forward. A raged enveloped Dimitri as they slowed once again.> Move your asses people! We’re going fishing!
Aaun’or Serpentine
~His friends…. Teachers and his Birthly betrothed mate…~
Titus Silverhide
-Through his haze, Titus finally catches the idea… As he pushes forward he tilts his head back and also tries to help, bellowing the silverhide war cry as loud as he can-
Cupcake Slayter
*Cupcake stopped crying, sniffling, hearing his mother’s encouraging words. He growled and broke from her arms, he began walking too.* I can do it too, Mommy!
Daloki
<another voice from her lips, the voice of a very young child> The ants go marching one by one, hurrah, hurrah, the ants go march one by one HURRAH, HURRAH, the ants go marching one by one, the little one stops to chew some gum, and they ALL GO MARCHing…. <it trails off>
Raelin Wolvarian Aero
::trudges, forward.. trying to laugh, to be brave, to hope.. knowing this is nothing, she’s survived in worse.. she’s been through this shortcut before.. confident about what’s on the other side, she pushes forward, moving and pushing::
Nina Noir
-in the tiny clearer instant more quick stumbles in that black heart way took her close enough, she laughed harde even in ache, lips curled upwards unwillingly, madness was her own demon and infront of depression hironic laughters filled her-
Daloki
<she takes Cupcake’s hand>
Narrator
Dimitri’s words burst forth once more and you begin to feel that fleeting sense of hope hovering in your hearts, it is consumed, but not destroyed.
Narrator
It is buried, deep, but not forgotten.
Aly (12)
*she clutched her rosary, following them , the conflicting emotions causing hr to become weary, she seem to slow with every step*
No one
`as he hears laughter, even hollow, empty laughter, he raises his hands again toward the sky. picks up his feet at Daloki’s cadence call, marching like a soldier, tail wagging fiercely. he puts a lolling grin on his face, forcing it there though he feels like he wants to bite his own tongue off in despair`
Dimitri Sagesson
Echo! <Dimitri sounded off with a grin> That’s it…
Cupcake Slayter
I wanna go home! I wanna go HOME! I WANNA GO HOME!!*He keeps repeating it, his eyes closed, pushincg against the despair.*
Argharna Silverhide
We… WIll live… We will rebuild… And we will retake hellifyno…-Looking over at Titus he joined him, helping to boost moral and spirits.-
Titus Silverhide
-The feelings are changing..Slowly a tiny speck of life, more hope is growing in Titus. He tries to grin, letting rip his booming war cry again. Taking another heavy step-
Raelin Wolvarian Aero
::wonders how close they are to the heart::
Daloki
<a male voice sings> You’re in the Army now, you’re not behind the plow, you’ll never get rich by diggin’ a ditch, you’re in the Army now!
Narrator
Rae is only a foot or two away from the dead black heart.
Raelin Wolvarian Aero
::dives into the heart, though expending the energy is like cutting off a limb::
Dimitri Sagesson
<Still bursting forward, towards the heart. Dimitri spots Raelin and grins>
Aaun’or Serpentine
~He had probably dropped to the back… His steps getting sluggish, and his thoughts raced… He had quite a bit of woe pent up…And it wasn’t long till he was near falling his depression had become so deep.~
Narrator
Every voice of laughter, every false joke, and empty song, causes a little more of that bursting hope to ignite within you, it is buried deep but growing brighter as you battle against it.
Nina Noir
-nuzzles on that little hope that rest deep, perks up for moments with the squeals of encourage that spurt out from her partners, to your feet she ordered and so she did, she turned her sight to the lolling grin of Aiden and mimicked it-
Aly (12)
*she breaths deeply, leting it out slowly her eyes lightening just a hint as she catches up to the others*
Daloki
<voice> SOUND OFF! <second voice> ONE, TWO! <first voice> SOUND OFF! <third voice> THREE FOUR!
Earane Saralonde
*Her light feet fall, and as they grow nearer and near this small woman, grows more and more eager, her feet falling faster and faster with words of encouragment from they ones around her.*
Narrator
Rae vanishes within the dead black heart.
Argharna Silverhide
-Takes a deep breath and lifts his head, letting out a long drawn out howl from where he stood.-
Titus Silverhide
-he was somewhat close to Rae and drops heavily towards the heart behind her as she vanishes-
Narrator
Titus vanishes as well.
Dimitri Sagesson
<Rushing forward that last little ways, Dimitri pushes through>
No one
`goes into the heart`
Narrator
Then the rest, plummeting into darkness and despair… the sound of beating all around you, filling your senses, filling your souls.
Aly (12)
*hesitates, watching the others jump into the black heart*
Daloki
<yet another male voice sings> Seventy-six trombones led the big parade, with a hundred and ten cornets close at hand! <and with that she and Cupcake march into the heart>
Argharna Silverhide
-Dropped to all fours again, this time with one heavy push he hurled himself at the heart as his howling faded into it.-
Nina Noir
-sips right behind them, but in a limp fall as the last sounds drown her-
Earane Saralonde
*once reaching Earane dives in head first with hopes the the dispair would end.*
Cupcake Slayter
*Is marched through the heart.*
Narrator
The beating ceases, and you emerge on a vast dark plain. It is a place of emptiness and evil. All around you the sounds of tortured screaming can be heard. Sometimes quiet, sometimes right into your ear, always sounds of pain, of violence, of desperation.
Aly (12)
*takes a deap breath running forward and jumping into the heart*
Aaun’or Serpentine
~When his mind fell upon Gabriel, and his lover… THe two humans whom had saved and nurtured him from childhood, he was not only depression, but with anger… At this his depression seemed to lessen…. And that pulsiating Aura returned… With an almost growl, he is ready to rip himself apart… He hated himself even as he walks through the Heart with his feet dragging.~
Aga’zisk
left the chat room
Titus Silverhide
-He snarls, the evil in the place hitting his senses rather forcefully-
Raelin Wolvarian Aero
nice to be home..
Daloki
What Circle is this?
Daloki
<flinching from the screaming>
Nina Noir
-haves to love dispair at times, just haves to, screams and momentums and cries of pain-
Argharna Silverhide
-Gripped tighter around the sword, looking around as he seemed to be ready to fight anything at this point.-
Earane Saralonde
No… *A whisper barely escaping her lips while the sounds of such sorrow and violence reach her ears. The small woman lifts both hand covering her ears.*
Raelin Wolvarian Aero
it’s not a circle, daloki
Aly (12)
*with this oncomeing emotion she shakes lightly, hugging herself, feeling back in Germany. The screams reminding her of all of Dok’s experiments*
Nina Noir
what is it then
Aaun’or Serpentine
I think… It is the Ninth… ~He had been briefed ion the Hells, though when Raelin corrected him he pipped up.~
Aaun’or Serpentine
~Down~
Cupcake Slayter
*Cupcake can feel the violence and anger around him. He growled.* Mommy..*He tugged Daloki;s sleeve rather roughly.* Why do I feel like I like it here?
Cupcake Slayter
piped**
Raelin Wolvarian Aero
the abyss
Raelin Wolvarian Aero
beyond the hells
Dominic
left the chat room
Nina Noir
that explains the nothingness and the tortured screams and moans
Titus Silverhide
Is this where Lady Echo is?
Daloki
You have to fight it, Cupcake.
Aga’zisk
enter the chat room
Nina Noir
-she shrugged at Titus- I hope we are there already, aparently the heart, right?
No one
`steps to the side and shakes himself again`
Narrator
A little ways off, beyond a swollen bluff of dark stained earth, you can just barely make out the shadows of ethereal figures drifting into the air.
Aga’zisk
<Wars with wireless demons and returns.>
Daloki
brb
Aaun’or Serpentine
brbs…
Raelin Wolvarian Aero
::rolls her shoulders, breathing deeply, raggedly..::
Aly (12)
*she keeps close to the others, not slowing down*
Raelin Wolvarian Aero
::starts in that direction::
Nina Noir
-curious over that swollen bluff of dark stained earth she started walking closer, cautious yet-
Titus Silverhide
-Though weak and wounded, he’s ready, to fight, to force his way onwards. He snarls again and follows after Rae with determination of steel-
Earane Saralonde
*Creepy crawlies rush through out her body, the thin limbs of her body begin the shake with unexplainable treachory. Her bark covered feet moving right after Raelin.*
No one
`gets closer to Raelin, pointing at the shadowy stuff in the distance and signing: Is that it, then? This is where they’re keeping her?`
Daloki
<the Abyss, which held such terrors for her, is less frightening now that Dis no longer sleeps in the Lake of Souls … she holds Cupcake’s hand and they walk after Raelin>
Nina Noir
they look like souls, should right?
Argharna Silverhide
-Followed behind Titus, tapping his shoulder before holding out Ogor’s sword, maybe it would do more good for Titus then it would for Argh.-
Nina Noir
*should be
Raelin Wolvarian Aero
she’s on the sea…
Narrator
The screaming continues unabated all around you, and yet it seems to be concentrated in the direction of that swollen bluff of land growing louder as you make your way towards it.
Titus Silverhide
We have to rescue the lady… At whatever cost -he grunts loudly as he moves- Everthing she has done for us, -he speaks aloud, though mainly to himself-
Cupcake Slayter
*Cupcake growled under his breath. If Daloki could see him, yet another streak of black formed through his cream colored hair, forming next to the first one on the right side.*
Earane Saralonde
*With each scream becoming more peircing, each howl being more unbareable Earane grinds her teeth against one another, yet she attempts to keep herself in a calm state, unwishing to be shown for what she is infront of so many people.*
Raelin Wolvarian Aero
least it’s a nice day out.. ::mumbling::
Narrator
And then… as earth gives way to site… you see the Sea of Souls. It is a vast lake of black waves roiling and crashing against one another. Ethereal spirits, hazy forms of creatures hang hovering above the tempestuous waters. There is howling… there is screaming… there is a terror which fills the air.
Narrator
Auuns boat lays tied to the trunk of a twisted tree nearby, rocking quietly in the dark waters.
Aly (12)
*her eyes widen at the screams, she clutches her sword*
No one
`something in him twists, and he feels a stirring in his head. puts one palm up to his head as if to steady himself`
Daloki
<her hand squeezes Cupcake’s tightly. This is where it happened, this is where her mind was shattered a year and a month ago>
Argharna Silverhide
Oh not this again… -Looks at the ferry with a sigh.-
Nina Noir
-some of her breathes are chocked in her throat before gashing out at the sense of terror and meeting again that river that they fail to cross before, but hope was there and by their sides again-
Aga’zisk
left the chat room
Raelin Wolvarian Aero
what’s wrong? ::nudging aiden with a quick jab before her eyes wash over the scene before them::
Daloki
<this is another boat, another place – the boat that Aaun built at Hades’ direction>
Narrator
The hazy wisps of cast off spirits hover before you… menacing…. howling…. the air is filled with terror and horror and the waves crash violently before you.
Dimitri Sagesson
left the chat room
No one
`shakes his head and moves toward the boat`
Argharna Silverhide
-Noms post then.-
Earane Saralonde
*PRess forward, eyes to the ground, her body still trembling.*
Titus Silverhide
-Titus keeps on snarling but moves towards the boat-
Daloki
<a boat that has no metal to be eaten by the acid, no life magic to be sucked by the damned souls in the lake>
Raelin Wolvarian Aero
::glances worriedly at his back, but races forward::
Argharna Silverhide
-Followed toward the boat, not liking what was going to happen while in it.-
Cupcake Slayter
*Cupcakes breathing speeds up, grows louder as he tightens his grip on Daloki, which she notice since he has strength to match her own.*
Aaun’or Serpentine
~Aaun stands beside Daloki helping with the boat.~
Aaun’or Serpentine
~Feeling damn proud of it now.~
Nina Noir
-she followed the rest to the boat, hurring her steps into a sprint to it, as sounds waves crashing made her unease creep up her spine, she tried her best to focus forward-
Nina Noir
-congratulates Aaun-
Aly (12)
*she followed, though with a since of dread*
Aga’zisk
enter the chat room
Raelin Wolvarian Aero
::hops into the boat::
Narrator
Off in the distance, near the center of the sea of souls, there is a rocky outcropping, a tiny island resting amidst the dark waves. In the distance you can just barely make out the shape of a woman, tied to a stone table, struggling weakly against her bonds.
Daloki
Don’t board it! Hades said… no metal…
Aaun’or Serpentine
~He remembered the small jaw of stuff Hades had given him and he quickly slips it from his pocket.~ We mussst not forgett thisss. ~HE held it up to Daloki~
Nina Noir
I don’t have metal!
Aga’zisk
<Returns again and hopfully stays this time…>
No one
`wonders if his gold tooth counts`
Raelin Wolvarian Aero
::takes off her daggera nd tosses it somewhere then::
No one
`asks`
Daloki
If you have metal on you – belts, weapons, anything … leave them behind.
Titus Silverhide
-Assoon as he sees who it may be tied in the distance, he snarls again, diving into the boat. His weapons are all wolfstone made-
Daloki
Use no life magic, no healing.
Aga’zisk
<Leaves his bracelet..>
No one
`looks at Daloki and points at his golden upper canine tooth questioningly`
Nina Noir
-leaves her humanity-
Earane Saralonde
*Earane looks her body over, although she is fully aware that she had no metal on her body, but she felt the need to double check. After doing so Earane jumped into the boat.*
Argharna Silverhide
-Drops the rage hide from his body, just incase that falls under life magic as he stands near Titus.-
Cupcake Slayter
*Cupcake rips away his weapons. He took the blade from his sheathes and slipped them into Daloki’s fairy pocket.*
Titus Silverhide
-would love to punch Aiden’s tooth out for him in a friendly way if he cant go in with it-
Daloki
<has no idea about Aiden’s tooth> Ask Rae, Aiden.
Aly (12)
*drops her sword, wrapping her rosary around it and dropping all the other junk she had hidden on her*
Nina Noir
-hops on the boaty boat-
Raelin Wolvarian Aero
should be fine..
Cupcake Slayter
Mom..*He growled up at Daloki.*
Raelin Wolvarian Aero
stay if you don’t want to take the risk though.. ::biting her lip::
Aaun’or Serpentine
~Aaun let his armor return in a liquid motion to his belt. He slips it off, and quickly lets it vanish into oblivion back into the GLove, and ergo into the Gourd. The glove was then sent dorment by a few uttered words, and became nothing more then an article of clothing.~
Echo
:: Echo’s white body is naked sprawled on the stone table, bloody but looking uninjured just now. She is tightly bound by ropes and chains that pass across her, tie her wrists and ankles, all disappearing beneath the table and fastened to each other there ::
No one
`shrugs and gets on the boat`
Daloki
What, Cupcake?
Narrator
There is a cawing sound, a terrifying roar of bird call that shatters the air and then, an enormous black winged beast descends upon Echo’s island.
Cupcake Slayter
*Cupcakes eyes were glazed over black, like Devek’s, and he had a second streak of black through his hair next to the first.* I dont feel good..
Aaun’or Serpentine
~If they are in a place where he can touch the bow, he would go ahead and slap some of Hades’ goyup onto it. With that, it should sustain larger amounts of weight without sinking.~
Narrator
The giant feathered beast steps towards Echo, cawing with terrifying ferocity once more as it approaches her.
Echo
:: her whole body stiffens as the bird approaches her, and they on the shore may hear a mewling sound of fear ::
Aly (12)
*she had just stepped on to the boat when the birds cry sounded out, she covered her ears looking in the direction from which it came*
Argharna Silverhide
-Still feels Irony from talking about Prometheus earlier but gazes out toward the small island.-
Aaun’or Serpentine
~It was Fifteen meters long, roughly fourty feet, and eight meters wide… There were enough seats to occomidate all those who were present, and oars so they could work to paddel the boats.~
Daloki
We have to hurry!
Raelin Wolvarian Aero
can we move faster?
Titus Silverhide
-At the sight of the beast surging towards Echo, he ROARS-
Nina Noir
-face palms- MOVE PEOPLE MOVE!!… how you get this thing going? -she looked around frantically and her thin finger started pointing to the beast approaching Echo-
Daloki
<Dal takes a seat and an oar> PULL!
Nina Noir
-sits down ands starts to paddle-
Aga’zisk
<Rows.>
Aly (12)
*does so*
Argharna Silverhide
-Sits down, taking his own oar and holds with his strength to row.-
Aaun’or Serpentine
~Aaun had picked up the long stick at the back and used it to push them off the bank~
Daloki
Do not touch the water! Do NOT reach into it!
Aga’zisk
Heave ho, heave ho, all the whores know how to heave and ho.
Nina Noir
ALRIGHT
Titus Silverhide
-He may be weaker than usual and only has one hand, but he puts all his strength into it with another defiant roar, pulling that oar like there’s no tomorrow-
Argharna Silverhide
-Tells someone to get on a drum and each hit equals a command to pull.-
Narrator
You set off into the black waters, the waves crashing wildly, angrily against the boat, and yet… the vessel does not toss or turn.
Cupcake Slayter
*Cupcake plopped down next to Daloki. He reached up, addding his own strength to Daloki’s to row the boat.*
Earane Saralonde
*Earane grabs an ora and does what her body allows her to do strength wise.*
Daloki
<rows to Aga’s cadence>
Titus Silverhide
-does the good old one arm row-
No one
`rows powerfully, so he can be useful`
Aaun’or Serpentine
~He tossed the stick overboard after a moment, and tried to aim for the shore.~ Alright Heave ho! You no the bit together now! ~He takes an oar himself and plops on the back so he could aid to the motion.~
Narrator
Setting out into the Sea of Souls you are soon surrounded by the hazy forms of the ethereal spirits that hover above the waters. They grow thick around you, their screams of pain and terror filling your ears, overwhelming your senses.
Aga’zisk
<Sings a cadence so there is no need for a drum beat, his emotionless voice ringing out into th air.>
Raelin Wolvarian Aero
sorry afk, starving somehow
Daloki
<one of her personalities wants to sing the Volga Boatmen, but she tells it to shut up and concentrates on Aga’s voice through the screaming>
Nina Noir
-rowrowrowrowrowrow however she can but does it as quick as her strength allowed it-
Narrator
As you pass through the waters, the spirits around you grow thicker, until a wall of them forms before you. So close you can see that their whisping bodies bear the marks of pain and torture, violence, and death.
No one
`the souls in his head begin to whisper as well, the sound of their blabbering along with the wails of the sea almost drowning out the rowing cadence`
Daloki
<of all people, Romulus would know rowing cadences, since Roman ships were powered by banks of oarsmen>
No one
`loses time somewhat and stalls a little with his oar`
Aaun’or Serpentine
~He looks at his beauty of a work not even quake in the water… He felt sinful with pride, especially when it seemed to work so perfectly.~
Narrator
And then, with a heaving push of oars you pass through the bodies of one of these spirits… and as you do images explode in your head. You see a man, a terrifying man. He has a knife and he is gutting a young woman, slicing into her flesh as she screams and throbs against him. You can feel the hot blood squirting on you, you can hear his terrifying laughter.
Narrator
And then it fades, and you are past the spirit.
Titus Silverhide
brb
Echo
:: the great Bird seems to be toying with her – stepping forward, stepping back, making a chuckling, cackling sound ::
Aly (12)
*she continues rowing, trying not to let her mind wander not to think about the images to much*
Aga’zisk
O.O Heave HO Heave HO ALL THE WHORES KNOW HOW TO HEAVE AND HO.
Argharna Silverhide
-Shudders, tucking his heavily scared ears down to dampen the noise.-
No one
`lets out a breath and picks the pace back up, the image somehow shocking him back to reality, rowing back in time with the others`
Nina Noir
-growls this time guttural growls filling the space too, violent at the sight of it that blinded her for a moment, but never stopping the roman row-
Narrator
You pass through another spirit, but this time you see a woman, she is lying on a bed of coals, the flames burning and searing her flesh as demons dance around her pelting her with pieces of glass and jagged stones.
Daloki
<Dal falters with the oar as she experiences all the feelings from the images in her head>
All Hope Is Gone
A spirit like a fog passes over Aga the images of the colisium are all around him… but he is in the pit… the bloody sword in his hand as he is lifting a childs head to applause.
Narrator
And then it fades.. and you are past the spirit.
Aly (12)
*she shudders, feeling tears sting at her eyes*
Nina Noir
you really have to sing that now? -glares at Aga-
Aga’zisk
<Aga stops singing abrubtly… Was that him? He even stops rowing as he searches his memories.. he’s like a statue.>
Narrator
Daloki is hit with another spirit, this of a vampire, he is killing children, a great heap of them lie to one side, and to his other, a small crowd of them cringing and crying in terror. Daloki feels the blod on her lips, warm and sensual. And then it passes.
Aaun’or Serpentine
~notices now that three DMs arepresent… Is that common??~
Cupcake Slayter
*Cupcake saw the images and smirked, enjoying them deeply, chuckling.*
Nina Noir
-tells Aaun that sometimes it is-
Raelin Wolvarian Aero
::comes back and starts doing what she’s supposed to be doing::
Narrator
A spirit hand strokes through Ninas hair and suddenly she has a vision of flames everywhere, burning, killing, tearing at flesh, hers and those around her in an enormous holocaust of pain that explodes with screams of terror. And then it is passed.
Argharna Silverhide
-Continues rowing, looking around as he keeps his speed.-
No one
`lets the monotony of the rowing take him over, gritting his teeth to try and force the voices in his head to be quiet`
Aaun’or Serpentine
~Aaun had his eyes closed, breathing in eaven patterns. He was moving to the motion of the others. His mind fell into apathy…~
Aly (12)
*she shakes, fear filling her but she continues to row despite it all*
Daloki
<Dal’s hands are limp on the oar now. She once lay in this sea herself, she feels not just the vampire’s savage thirst but the pain of the dying children, the terror of the others. Her head droops and her mind shivers, threatening to break apart as it did when she was tortured here>
Narrator
Between the whisping visions you can see the shore of the island before you. The great black bird raises its enormous beak into the air, and then slams it down hard into echos guts, blood spilling from her sides as it begins to devour her living flesh.
All Hope Is Gone
Another wispy spirit passes over Nina as she sees herself holding the steering wheel of a car the vision is blurred from to much drink not seeing the young boy on the bike.
No one
`doesn’t even look up to see the bird, concentrating on his hands and his rythmn`
Nina Noir
-she falls mute, senseless like if gone for an instant, with the stroke and the momentary vission that passed so quickly but it felt like an eternity, she blinked and looked dumbfounded around her to see if the rest was fine-
Raelin Wolvarian Aero
::wants to sing the rowing boat song… life is but a dreeeam::
Narrator
An ethereal spirit passes through Aly and she sees three men kicking a smaller man, their feet slamming viciously into him over and over as weak whimpering cries of pain emit from his broken throat.
Cupcake Slayter
*Cupcake slapped his hand on Daloki’s shoulder.* Oh cmon, Mommy, its funny!*he chuckled a bit more.*
Titus Silverhide
bak
Echo
:: her tortured scream shrieks above all the other screaming voices as the Shantak bird’s beak rips into her belly ::
Daloki
<she looks at Cupcake as if she doesn’t know him>
Titus Silverhide
-Echo’s scream entices another thunderous roar from Titus-
Narrator
A ghost body crashes into Rae and she sees a vision of thousands of people, men, women, and children, being impaled on giant iron spikes, the sharpened spears spewing through their groins, passing through their twitching bodies to burst from blood stained mouths. The vision fades.
Aga’zisk
<Aga begins to row again, slowly but again, though he does not sing his Cadence anymore.>
Aaun’or Serpentine
~He could tell the others went through suffering… But he had not yet, and so he continues the lack of care or regret… His own thoughts related to the beating of his heart.~
Aly (12)
*she releases the oar, covering her face, it is nothing she hasent witnessed before, but it seem to be crueler as if she had never truely seen more pain before*
Aaun’or Serpentine
~Being Aga gave up, Aaun chimed in. His was more basic.~ HEAVE! HO!
Daloki
<then, after a moment, she begins to row again, mechanically, but without the cadence, their oars are beginning to clack into each other – until Aaun takes up the cadence>
Raelin Wolvarian Aero
::looks up frantically, trying to move faster… almost spewing her supper as she sees the image.. but refusing to give up, refusing to stop..::
Aaun’or Serpentine
~They had to keep all rowing at the same time, or else the boat would turn…~
Nina Noir
NO! -and unconscious scream break through her mouth at the sight of the enormous bird that was slashing into Echo’s flesh, she quickened as much as she could the rows to reach that shore-
Argharna Silverhide
-Starts rowing harder, Jared’s words echoing through his head as he made a promise to protect Echo, his breathing becoming hard the faster he tried rowing.-
Narrator
Auun is hit with a vision of his people being slaughtered in an ancient age, he stands beside the murderer, a man of hate and death that presses his booted foot down into a young females head causing it to burst like a melon. The vision fades.
Narrator
All around you the screaming and the horror grows more terrifying, the spirits growing thicker, whisping like ethereal sheets hanging about your heads.
Aga’zisk
I… I wanna go home..
Titus Silverhide
-His roar continues, drags out. But he is Silverhide. He is a warrior. He has to help Echo. With his one hand he struggles on, rowing furiously-
Echo
AAIIIIIIEEEEEAAAAAHHHHHHHIIIIIIEEEEE! :: the throat-ripping scream carries across the water to the boat as the beak digs into her again ::
Aly (12)
*a few tears roll down her cheeks but she grabs the oar again, continueing to row*
Aga’zisk
<Dubs Titus… Darth Titus..>
Titus Silverhide
-Another thunderous roar. He rows harder and harder-
Aaun’or Serpentine
HEAVE HO! HHE-. . . . ~He stopped… And his own oar was released from shaking hands… This image hit home… He could breath… His heart sank, and he… he could not move…~
Narrator
A vision of rape for Aga, A vision of nails slamming into a child for Titus, Rae has one of dogs being commanded to devour a young woman, Arghana sees a man slowly torturing dozens of people with tubes and fluids.
Narrator
The visions fade.
No one
`tries to whistle a cadence in Aaun’s vaccum of vision silence`
Nina Noir
-among the vissions that felt true but were not, trying to make sense all the way with the splits of reality, doubting her eyes but tursting more her hearing at the moment Echo’s voice snapped her back and made her frantic-
Cupcake Slayter
*Cupcake sat and bobbed his head to the screaming like it was good music of some sort.* Hey, Mom, i like the noises!
All Hope Is Gone
Titus’s roar draws more spirits to him covering him.. feelings of cowardess betrayal… Silverhides fall.
Narrator
Another spirit passes through Auun and he sees a small dog being stabbed repeated by a petualnt child, laughing and playing in the blood.
Daloki
Cupcake, shout – heave – ho …
Raelin Wolvarian Aero
::this is nothing, they justh ave to keep moving.. going further than she feels she can go… the scenes flashing over her, killing her softly.. but she’s not going to stop, not going to give up.. gaia taught her that..::
Argharna Silverhide
-Shudders, shaking his head as he tried to wipe what he just saw.-
Titus Silverhide
-The feelings ignite another roar, one of pain and grief. But even as tears sting his eyes he rows, he forces himself to row-
Narrator
On the shores of the island the giant bird dips its beak once more into the flesh of the Lady Echo, more streaming bits of crimson stained flesh ripping from her body.
Titus Silverhide
eye**
Narrator
You are about a third of the way through the Sea of Souls now…. but here the spirits grow thicker still, drawn to the pain of the Lady Echo.
Aga’zisk
<Stops rowing again for a moment before he starts again, rythmatic, almost machine like. One two One two One two One two… Row row row row… One two One two One two…>
Titus Silverhide
Gaia has a plan. He has to fight, fight until there is no air in his body. He has to help save the Lady Echo. These thoughts clash in his mind with the sadness, the grief, the visions-
Titus Silverhide
-**
Aaun’or Serpentine
~And with that Aaun fell forward into the bottom of the boat… His eyes were open, but… He had seemed to be unconscious… Shaking…. Gasping for air… Never before in his life had he felt so much… Pain…And his Empathy was only making theimpact lethal…~
Echo
:: more agonized screams are torn from her throat as her flesh disappears into the beak of the Bird ::
Narrator
The waves crash around you violently now, some droplets of water splattering into the boat. One of them splashes lightly, a droplet hitting Titus’s hand, and suddenly, a precious memory is lost from his mind forever.
Cupcake Slayter
Noooo, i wanna listen to the music, Mommy!*He chuckled and fell onto the seat in the boat laughing.*
Daloki
<the boat begins to move off course as Aaun falls, for he held the rudder>
No one
`rows to his own beat since everyone is getting out of whack, which probably isn’t going to help anything`
Narrator
Halfway through the Sea of Souls and the boat begins to veer to the side, left without direction, floating amidst the pain and madness of the spirits around you.
Aly (12)
*she watches the man fall but noticing the movement she grabs ahold of the rudder, looking down apon the man*
Argharna Silverhide
-Tries to use his paddle to turn it back the proper way.-
Nina Noir
AAUN! -she screamed to him, leaving her place for a moment, she shaked him and slapped him wishing to make him regain conscious- AAUN! COME ON!
Narrator
And then.. back on course…. as Aly takes the reins, and Argh resets the course.
Raelin Wolvarian Aero
::tires to compensate for the direction loss in any way she can::
Narrator
Another spirit… another vision… nails slamming into a young mans body over and over again… yet he does not die.
All Hope Is Gone
More violent images… liars… con men…. pedophiles …. bigots they swarm over you trying to get some feeling of life even if it is pain and torment.
Titus Silverhide
-Titus carries on with his determined roar. He starts to row as hard as he can again with just one hand, his eye now closed-
Cupcake Slayter
Oooo, Mommy look thats a good one!
Narrator
Rae is overwhelmed with a vision of acid burning the flesh of a screaming old hag.
Aaun’or Serpentine
~He could not help it… He was too frail of mind to reside here…As he was slapped agian and again from Nina hedid not seem to snap out of it…But he did turn to cradle into the woman… Almost bursting into tears.~
Aly (12)
*she struggled to hold it steady but managed, determined not to fail*
Aga’zisk
<Rows mindlessly for a few more moments and snaps out of only to see another vision… The one with the nails more personal to him than the rest, because he personally went through that for days before he was finally able to escape Daniel’s grasps..>
Narrator
A vision of genocide, thousands of dead bodies piled in heaps while a mad man laufghs slams hard into Titus’s mind.
Daloki
<she continues to row mechanically and a new voice comes from her throat then> Yo heave ho. Yo heave ho. Yo-oh heave ho, yo heave ho. <it is, indeed, to the tune of the Volga Boatmen>
Raelin Wolvarian Aero
::almost drops the row.. leaning over the side as if to vomit before falling back in, remembering where they are, tightening the reign on her emotions::
Nina Noir
-she held him for a moment, comforting as much as she could, even with the visions and emotions swirling she murmured to him- they are not real, we need everyone up, ok? we need everyone rowing
Narrator
You grow closer and closer to the island, and amidst the visions of torture and pain, you can more clearly see the body of Echo being devours by the giant bird, great globs of flesh spewing messily from its mouth as it east with delighted frevor.
Titus Silverhide
-even with his eye closed, Titus can still see the horrors, Hear the mad cackle. He snarls, pulling the oar steadily as his mind battles furiously with the visions-
Aga’zisk
One two three four five six seven eight nine ten eleven… <Ext ext ext, Aga just starts to count rythmetically, out of OCD trying to calm himself.>
Narrator
A vision of skin being pealed from flesh hits Nina.
Argharna Silverhide
-Wonders how far it is between the rows of seats. If possible he would grab a paddle from each side of the boat and row them both at the same time.-
Narrator
A vision of father murdering his family with an axe, butchering and hacking them hits Argh.
Nina Noir
-she twitched and flinched with a squeal breaking throught- IS NOT FUCKING REAL -she rubbed herself then with anger clenched her fists-
Argharna Silverhide
-Stops, unable to see anything except for that of the vision as he didn’t want to go of course again.-
Nina Noir
YOU ARE NOT REAL MOTHER FUCKERS
Daloki
<Dal’s own mind has succumbed to the visions, and most of the many minds within her are gibbering. The alien mind of Maddalena, the singer, is one of the few not insane>
Narrator
The spirits are thick around you, and though they do not know you are there, they are eager to tell you their tales. Tales of violence, tales of punishment, of endless eons of torture down here in the Hell’s.
Aaun’or Serpentine
`~His mouth open and and hiseyes glazed over in a look void of consciousness, the teary eyed Serpentine rose back to his seat, and allowed Ally to return to the oars, as he takes the Rudder once more…~ I… I am sorry for that… ~He said in a nonchanalt tone.~
No one
`the two souls mired in his brain seem invigorated by the press of souls around them, as if they’re inviting old friends in for a chat or a cup of tea. he tries his best to keep his mind blocked, desperately focusing on the menial task`
Narrator
You begin to understand these spirits, evil men and women in life condemned to hell for an eternity, spending thousands of years down here enduring the worst torments until their souls were cleansed of their crimes and then… left…. to eternal torment.
Narrator
Eventually cast away to the Sea of Souls, to be lost forever. To fade into nothingness.
Aly (12)
*she winces, continuing to tell herself that Neferet would believe she could continue, and she refused to disappoing her old mentor. she sits back down and returns to rowing*
Echo
:: her body is splattered anew with her blood, a gaping, ragged wound in her abdomen spilling entrails that the Bird lifts, cuts off, and swallows over and over as she screams and whimpers ::
Nina Noir
is fine.. is fine.. IT’S JUST NOT REAL! -she returned as soon to her place after Aaun got back to his position, rowing once more this time with anger, twisted thoughts of vengance, little tingles of reasons that menace to be wrecked-
Raelin Wolvarian Aero
::she’s always understood, always been a part of it.. the cycle.. seen it happen from a distance.. but has never crossed the sea, it’s stupid to try.. the actual struggle, what they go through.. is not welcoming, it’s not what she thought.. and she can’t help but wonder if this is her fate::
Daloki
<Maddalena keeps singing the cadence in a strong bass voice>
Argharna Silverhide
-As soon as the vision slowly fades away he started rowing the two paddles again.-
Aly (12)
there real… are they not? *she sais lowly, glancing at Nina*
Aaun’or Serpentine
~The boat is Eight meters wide.~

1 Comment
  1. Laryka Dior 9 years ago

    (I just don’t know what to say, Sassy…but just know I did spend a minute to read this blog.)

Leave a reply

523 Views
© RolePages / PebbleArt Inc. 2017

Log in with your credentials

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to toolbar